In this weeks episode, I dive into the professional end of singing, and go over the use of the 6 Element of Singing – Dynamics, and how to invoke emotional expression using Vibrato and Volume to create tension. Here are the topics covered:
* What causes tension in music.
* How instruments create tension.
* The difference between chordal tension and vocal tension.
* The importance on the use of volume increases, decreases, and silence to create tension.
* How intermittent vibrato creates tension with a short vocal EXERCISE.
* Detailed Breakdown example of the use of Dynamics to convey emotional expression.
The 6th Element of Singing is the element that takes singing from…well…just singing, and turns it into art. To access detailed exercises on how to master Dynamics, take a look my online course on the subject.
Let me know if you have any questions!
As always, Happy Singing!