Welcome to the podcast of The Assembly of God Church Kolkata.
Jesus Was Not A Christian — Ps. Ivan Satyavrata
The post Jesus Was Not A Christian — Ps. Ivan Satyavrata appeared first on Assembly of God Church Kolkata.
The Everlasting God and The Line That Lasts – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata
The post The Everlasting God and The Line That Lasts – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata appeared first on Assembly of God Church Kolkata.
Greatness of God – Ps. Patrick Joseph
* GREATNESS OF GOD – HIS INFINITENESS & PRESENCE EVERYWHERE…
* Psalm 139:7-12 – “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.”
UNDERSTANDING THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN THREE WAYS:
* The Presence of God Is…INFINITE!
* GOD IS OMNIPRESENT…Omni means ‘All’…Present means…GOD IS PRESENT IN ALL PLACES AT THE SAME TIME…
* GOD IS INFINITE…GOD IS TOO BIG TO BE MEASURED…This means
* God is immanent – He actively operates the world & sustains it
* God is transcendent – He is present above, beyond or apart from His creation.
* AVOID TO WRONG BELIEFS:
* WRONG BELIEF NO 1 – WORSHIPPING THE CREATED THINGS…SINCE GOD IS WITHIN THE CREATION.
* WRONG BELIEF NO 2 – GOD IS SO SEPARATE FROM HIS CREATION THAT HE IS NOT PERSONALLY INVOLVED.
* Two things we learn when we understand that OUR GOD IS INFINITE & PRESENT EVERYWHERE…
* We Don’t DICTATE To God
* We Cannot DOMESTICATE God
* The Presence of God Is…INESCAPABLE!
* YOU CANNOT RUN OR HIDE FROM GOD’S PRESENCE…
* REALIZING THAT GOD IS PRESENT WITH US SHOULD AFFECT THE WAY WE LIVE FROM DAY TO DAY!
* GOD DOESN’T RUN A DETECTIVE AGENCY…RATHER HE RUNS A GRACE CAMPAIGN!
III. The Presence of God Is…INCREDIBLE!
* GOD HAS COMMITTED HIMSELF TO OUR WELL-BEING…
* GOD IS INDEED INCREDIBLE IN HIS PRESENCE…HIS LOVE & HIS CARE…
* THREE THINGS ABOUT GOD’S ATTENTION TOWARDS US:
* God Is AWARE
* God Is AVAILABLE
* God Is ABLE
* Two Commitments from us:
* PRACTICE HIS PRESENCE IN OUR LIFE
* PREPARE FOR HIS PRESENCE IN OUR GATHERING
GOD’S PRESENCE NEVER DISAPPOINTS BUT ALWAYS DEEPENS OUR UNDERSTANDING OF OUR GOD AND HIS LOVE FOR US!
God is Spirit – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata
The post God is Spirit – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata appeared first on Assembly of God Church Kolkata.
Does God Have a Name? – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata
What’s in a Name?
What is God’s Name? Does God have a name?
Exo 3:1-5 – 1Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.” 4When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” 5“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.”
Exo 3:13-15 – 13Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 14God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.
1] I AM/Yahweh/Jehovah/LORD
I AM = YHWH [Hebrew] – Jehovah or Yahweh = LORD
GOD is self-existent – eternal – all-sufficient
John 8:56-58 – 56Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad.” 57The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?” 58Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I am!”
Lord or Master [Adon = to Rule]
Deut 10:17 – For the Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed
Psa 86:5 – O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help
El – might, strength, power – supreme one or mighty one
Elohim [plural] – used for the living Creator God of Israel
El Elyon – the Most high God [Gen 14:20]
El Roi – the God who sees me [Gen 16:13]
El Hakkadosh – the Holy God [Isa 5:16]
El Hannora – the Awesome God [Neh 9:32]
El Gibbor – the Mighty God [Isa 9:6]
El-Shaddai – the All-sufficient God [48 times]
Gen 17:1 – When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty.’ Serve me faithfully and live a blameless life
Exo 6:2-3 – God spoke to Moses and said to him, “I am the Lord [YHWH]. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty [El Shaddai], but by my name the Lord [YHWH] I did not make myself known to them.
Prov 4:18 – The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day
Yahweh Yireh – the Lord will Provide [Gen 22:14]
Yahweh Rapha – the Lord Heals [Exo 15:26]
Yahweh Nissi – the Lord my Banner [Exo 17:15-16]
Yahweh Shalom – the Lord is Peace [Judges 6:24]
Yahweh Raah – the Lord my Shepherd [Psa 23:1]
Yahweh Shammah – the Lord is There [Ezek 48:35]
1 John 3:1 – See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
IN MY NAME…
Is God Really There – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata
The post Is God Really There – Ps. Ivan Satyavrata appeared first on Assembly of God Church Kolkata.
It was too good
Have seen anything later than 15th March