Donia found that her two young daughters would not sleep in their beds after she was diagnosed with cancer.
To find help via talking therapies you can either go to your GP or the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) bacp.co.uk or bps.org.uk - they should be HCPC registered.
Other helpful organisations:
- MIND - www.mind.co.uk
- Support Line www.supportline.org.uk/problems/suicide/
- Breast Cancer Now www.breastcancernow.org
- Macmillan www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/breast-cancer
- Samaritans www.samaritans.org
- National Breast Cancer www.nationalbreastcancer.org/what-is-brca
You will find the transcript for episode 3 here.
How Did We Get Here? is a Somethin' Else Production. For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy