I don't know how good Mike is at strategy but I'd hire him just from how good he is at the things that make a good strategist: finding out stuff, spending time in unfamiliar places, talking to people, documenting it all, and putting it out into the world. Mike is from London but has lived in Tokyo for the past 11 years. He's a journalist, documentary-maker, and DJ, and he spends his days at Mullen Lowe, where he founded their cultural insights group Tokyo20XX. He speaks Japanese. He's written for The Japan Times and the BBC. Just check him out: https://www.mikesunda.com/
- Starting fresh in a new city
- At what point is observing culture also participating in it?
- That freelance writer/DJ lifestyle
- Dealing with doing deep research but shallow outputs
For more strategy talk:
1. Strategy newsletter: http://www.markpollard.net/email-newsletter/
2. Strategy drawings: http://www.instagram.com/markpollard
3. Strategy Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/markpollard
4. Join 5,000+ strategists: http://www.sweathead.co
New book "Strategy Is Your Words" out soon.