Localized shows playing the very best music available in those areas.
IR Turkey #6: Resurrection
After 2 years from the last episode of IR Turkey we are back with a new episode and new songs. A lot has happened in this 2 year period and it was really impossible to produce a show. However, it’s in the past and IR Turkey is not in the dead pool 🙂
We’ll see if we will be able to continue with the show, I’ll do my best. Let’s focus on the moment and enjoy the following 6 tracks from 5 different independent artists:
* Firewater – This is My Life | Türkçe Bio
* Firewater – Borneo
* Masum Pinakyo – Son Bir Kez Avrupa Yakas?nda
* Donedick – Ham
* Raki – Bagirta Bagirta
* Gölgede 40 Derece – Özer Dölekoglu (Background music)
Thank you for listening and staying with us. We hope you will enjoy this episode as well and will tell your friends about us and the bands you heard in this episode. Make sure you stay subscribed because you never know when you will hear new episodes 🙂
Download Here: irturkey6.mp3
Subscribe Here: RSS
IR Turkey #5: The One Which Is Delicious (English)
IR Turkey #5 is here and it is such a relief to finally release it. This one is a 4 song episode and we still have great songs. Also, Hande is back. We talk about the songs, Turkish food and play the tunes. Enjoy!
* Firuz Band – Myspace
* Nukleer Baslikli Kiz – Myspace | Website
* Derya Ozbay – Myspace | Website | Music Video
* Salih Korkut Peker – Myspace
STREAM HERE: [audio:http://insomniaradio.net/audio/irturkey5.mp3]
* We talk about the city of Adana, and delicious Adana Kebab. It is Hande’s favorite.
* IR Turkey listener Sue Nelson visits Turkey and shares her experiences with us. She loved the country and had great food.
* One of the places which Sue Nelson visited was Cappodocia. You can take balloon rides there.
* We are briefly mentioned in a computer magazine in Turkey. Yuppie!
This is all for this episode. Thank you very much for subscribing and being interested in Turkish independent music. Please stay subscribed even if we take long breaks like this 🙂 You won’t regret it.
Please tell one more person about IR Turkey and make sure you get in touch with the bands you hear and like.
IR Turkey #4: The One Which is “The Bomb” (English)
Hi everyone, the 4th episode of IR Turkey is here. You know what, we need to find a name for you IR Turkey fans. It is becoming lame to say “Hi everyone”. How would you like to be called?
In this episode, I am unfortunately alone, all by myself. It is the end of semester here and Hande has loads of stuff to finish and she could not spare time for the recording. We decided that I do the show alone this time since we did not want to give too much of a break. As I was being silly I forgot to mention this at the begining of the episode but I am sure you figured it out that I was alone, right?
A message to Hande’s fans: “Don’t worry she will be back in the next episode!” 🙂
I think this episode has a killer playlist and it is why I call this episode is the bomb.
* Smyrname – Mani
* Smyrname – Pay
* Faruk Korkmaz – Sessiz Ciglik
* Yalcin Konuk – Come
* Kacak – Kurtlar
DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE
IR Turkey #3: The One Where We Break Rules (English)
It is been a little longer than I would like since the previous episode but life interfered and we could not get it done earlier. However, as always we have some great music lined up for you. In this 3rd episode I am joined by Hande again. We had a nice time recording and listening to the songs and had some conversation in between which we thought was nice 🙂 As we did in the previous episode we translated the band and song names and this time we tried to translate the meaning of the song as well:
DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE
1. Gece Gece – Rana | Myspace
2. Neurosisband – Time & Relativity | Myspace
3. Kacak – Silahli ve Tehlikeli | Website – Myspace
4. Koridor – Yuruyorken Yanlizliga | Website
5. Zera Vaughan – Love Song | Myspace – Website – Buy Album
IR Turkey #2: The One With My Wife (English)
Hello again. I am here with the second episode of IR Turkey. In this episode, I had a better microphone, a better sound quality, 5 great bands and songs. Also, there is surprise!
This episode is “The One with My Wife”. Hande joined in recording this episode and we had a lot of fun recording the show. We just hope you that you will have a great time listening to it as well. As always, let us know what you think about the show and give us some feedback. We would love to hear it!
DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE
* Pastil – “Bilinmez” | Myspace
* Kaygan Zemin – “Yaz Gunleri” | Myspace – Website
* Divan – “Sofra” | Myspace – Website
* Seruven – “Sevgi Sozcukleri” | Myspace
* Murat Durmaz Band – “Son Kahve” | Myspace | Forum (in Turkish)
In this episode, we talk about several things:
* Antalya: Wikipedia entry about Antalya | Some photos about Antalya on Flickr
* Izmir: Wikipedia entry about Izmir | Some photos about Izmir on Flickr
* Istanbul: Wikipedia entry about Istanbul | Some photos about Istanbul on Flickr
* Have you ever been to any part of Turkey? Did you have a good time? Let us know about it and share your experience. Email us or send us a voice message and we will talk about your email or play your message on the show. Let it be music or the nature, share your experience with us and our audience. Are you planning to go to Turkey any time soon? Let us know about it too, we may have some pointers for you.
We forgot to talk about this on the episode but Sinem whose song “Boom Sheka Nena” we heard on the first episode is in the finals of John Lennon Songwriting Contest with that same song in the World Music category. If you liked her song you can vote for her here.
As always, thanks for listening. Please remember to get in touch with the bands that you liked and let them now that you heard them on IR Turkey.
Spread the word about IR Turkey!
Insomnia Radio Turkey #1 (English)
Hey everyone, this is Turker Keskinpala, your host for Insomnia Radio Turkey.
We are going to take a wild ride to the world of Turkish music. There is a very a long time between the birth of the idea and this day but I am finally here with the first episode. When I say the first episode, it not only means the first one of hopefully many IR Turkey shows but my very first time being behind a mic. Believe me, you can tell when you listen.
But please bear with me as we go along and remember that there is always room for growth 🙂 So, now, fasten your seatbelts because we are flying transatlantic to hear some awesome tunes by Turkish artists.
DOWNLOAD | SUBSCRIBE
Sinem: “Boom Sheka Nena”
Art Niyet: “Vay be!”
Ucus Serbest: “Ucus Serbest”
Us: “Kimse Bakmaz Ardina”
Cenk Han Alkaya: “Duyuyor musun?”
Thanks Jason for giving me this great opportunity to be a part of the Insomnia Radio family. Thanks again everyone for downloading and listening to the show. Let me know what you think of the show and if you like any of the bands that I play, please let them know you heard them on IR Turkey.