Why is verbalizing or expressing love to our parents so hard? Growing up, many of us did not use words of affirmation as a love language with our parents. It could be mostly due to our contrasting generational Asian upbringing or the difference in language. Regardless, there are so many unspoken words of love and gratitude that we haven’t shared with them.
As kids, we saw our parents as the people who’d nag us, drive us to our practices, automatically pack our lunch boxes for us, etc. However, as we get older, we start to see them as more than just our moms or dads. We start to see them as humans and understand the struggle that they came from to truly provide the best for us, their children.
Today, we take the time to read letters that we each wrote to express our appreciation, love, and unspoken words to our moms and dads.
Also, Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all the mom and mom figures out there!
This episode was edited by Michelle Hsieh.
P A R T N E R S mentioned in this episode:
- All of Us: Get a $25 gift card, personalized genetic ancestry & traits results, and one of 10,000 Fitbit devices at joinallofus.org/abg
- Skillshare: Get a free trial of Premium Membership at skillshare.com/abg
- BetterHelp: Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/ABG10
- Thrive Causemetics: Get 15% off your first order at thrivecausemetics.com/ABG
- AcornTV: Get 30 days free at acorn.tv with code: abg
- Butcher Box: Get a free BBQ Bundle in your first box (2 NY strip steaks, 6 burgers, and 5 lbs of drumsticks) at butcherbox.com/ABG
S U B S C R I B E T O U S !
- @asianbossgirl on Apple Podcasts / Spotify / YouTube / Instagram / Twitter / Facebook
- More about us at asianbossgirl.com
E – M A I L U S !
S U P P O R T U S !
- merch: asianbossgirl.myshopify.com
- donation: anchor.fm/asianbossgirl/support
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/asianbossgirl/message