In this episode Jenelle Marie Pierce gives advice on:
- Jenelle's background and The STD Project: from inception to now (04:04)
- How Jenelle contracted her STI as a teen (08:24)
- How Jenelle manages her relationships, sex life, and life in general with an STI (10:28)
- The difference between an STD and an STI (15:26)
- The most common STIs (18:24)
- Pubic lice: shaving and treatment (23:05)
- More common STIs (25:50)
- The scope of risks in transmitting an STI (e.g. blood transmission, skin to skin) (28:28)
- Exposure risks in oral sex and when sexually protected (e.g. using condoms) (33:28)
- Sores, outbreaks, and the rise of syphilis (39:25)
- The rise of STIs and how information is surveyed, gathered, and reported (44:32)
- The inconsistency of getting tested for STIs / STDs (48:20)
- Recommendations for testing and when depending on your sexual lifestyle (52:52)
- Testing as a commitment to your relationship and sexual health (57:57)
- Concerns about kissing and transmitting STIs (59:20)
- Statistics of the number of people with Herpes (1:01:00)
- What to do when discovering you have an STI: the importance of dealing with the social stigma and educating yourself (1:01:50)
- How to have an STI conversation with your partner (1:04:40)
- Common misunderstandings about STIs (1:15:55)
- The social pressure of talking about protective sex and being responsible to talk about it (1:17:35)
- How to connect with Jenelle to learn about more about her and her work (1:19:45)
- Recommendations for quality advice and knowledge in the area of STDs, dating, sex, and relationships (1:20:20)
- Recommendations for guys to improve their dating life (1:21:23)
GET MORE: Show Notes & Resources, Interview Transcript and Comments.
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!
Think this episode was Kick-Ass?
An iTunes review would be SO appreciated! This is what helps me stand out so I can help more men like you.
Click here to review the show.
Hit me up with your comments and guest suggestions. I read EVERYTHING.
• Email: email@example.com
• Get my newsletter: Click here to get my Newsletter
• Got a question? Drop it in our voicemail to get it answered: 323.747.5006
MORE FREE STUFF:
• Get the Fast Track Dating System
• Get Monster Brain Dump from our Editorial Team on Top Advice of All Time