Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, brought to you by Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you. Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of Mindful Design Feng Shui School. Together they have over two decades of experience designing harmonious spaces for their clients in their successful design businesses. Through articles, blogs, books, workshops, videos, and TV appearances, Laura and Anjie have guided thousands of people to shift their energy and revitalize their living spaces. Mindful Design School offers feng shui courses and certifications at mindfuldesignschool.com. Tune in the second and fourth Mondays of every month for a new podcast episode.
Episode 119: Feng Shui Gardening with Will Brown
In this episode we’re joined by Mindful Design graduate Will Brown of Will Brown Interiors! We talked to Will all about feng shui and gardening, and how to balance the five elements in a garden.
- How Will decided to do his final project on feng shui and gardening
- Will’s experience creating a feng shui-inspired garden
- The emotional benefits of gardening
- How Will balanced the five elements in his garden using color, shape, and material
- Which plants Will chose for his feng shui garden
- Will and Laura’s suggestions for how to incorporate each of the five elements
Episode 118: Best Paint Colors For Your Front Door
Your front door is one of the most important parts of your home from a feng shui perspective, so it’s a good idea to give it some attention! In this episode, we’re sharing some of our favorite paint colors for front doors and what they represent.
- Why the front door is so important and what it means in feng shui
- The importance of tapping into your intuition when choosing colors for your home
- Our favorite paint colors for front doors and what each one represents
- Taking an individualized approach to choosing colors
- Why you should also take your design preferences and surroundings into account
- Why you don’t need to be afraid to paint your door the “wrong” color
Episode 117: Feng Shui 101: Best Bed Position
In this episode, we’re talking about an important and foundational feng shui concept: bed placement. We discuss why you should be mindful of where your bed is, and how to optimize this area of your home.
- What your bed represents in feng shui and why it’s so important
- The best way to position your bed in your bedroom for optimal feng shui
- Why we often focus on the public areas of our homes and ignore the private areas
- How your relationship to your home is mirrored in your relationship to yourself
- Bed positions to avoid
- How to make the most of a less-than-ideal bed position
- The personal shifts Anjie experienced after moving her bed
- What to do if you feel resistance to moving your bed
Episode 116: Ask Anjie & Laura
Welcome to the very first Ask Anjie & Laura episode of the Holistic Spaces Podcast! In this episode, we answered questions submitted by our newsletter subscribers about going back to school, crystal and essential oil recommendations, plants with pointy leaves, and how to boost confidence with feng shui.
- Feng shui suggestions for an adult going back to school part-time
- The best position for your desk or home workspace
- An overview of each of the bagua areas
- A recommended crystal to activate each area of the bagua
- Our favorite essential oil and how we work with it in our spaces
- Whether or not a listener should get rid of a plant with pointy leaves
- Feng shui adjustments to cultivate self-esteem and confidence
Episode 115: Ritual Baths with Mama Medicine, Deborah Hanekamp
We are delighted to welcome Deborah Hanekamp, known as Mama Medicine, to the podcast! Deborah joined us to talk about ritual baths, doing healing work virtually, following your intuition, and being your own healer.
- Anjie’s experience working with Deborah
- The healing power of water
- Ritual baths as a form of energy healing
- How trusting her intuition led Deborah to pivot her offerings
- What Deborah loves about working with people virtually
- The importance of allowing people to be their own healer
- Why we encourage our feng shui students to find their own answers
Episode 114: April 2021 Holistic Spaces Astrology Forecast with Kristina Wingeier
Intuitive astrologer Kristina Wingeier is back to share her forecast for the month of April! We talk about some key planetary movements to look out for as well as the new and full moons, and we discuss another foundational concept in western astrology: the rising sign!
- What to expect at the beginning of the month with several planets in Aries
- The shift from Aries to Taurus energy mid-month
- Mars moving from Gemini to Cancer towards the end of the month
- Why we might experience some tension as different planets square Saturn
- How to harness the energy of the Aries new moon on April 11th (or 12th, depending on your location)
- What to expect from the full moon in Scorpio
- The meaning of the rising sign in western astrology
- How your rising sign’s ruling planet affects you