Baking with a Rockstar (Mitchell Brothers #1)
Laurie Hahn Ganser
When a rockstar and a single mom become roommates, delicious sparks are bound to fly.
Rockstar Hudson Mitchell is over the glitz and spotlight of the music industry. Desperate for a break from the fast-paced life of fame, he retreats to the one place that has always been home.
It's the same place where Charlie has taken refuge, trying to build a life for herself and her young daughter. The quiet, small-town atmosphere and her new bakery venture are exactly what she needs to pick up the pieces of her shattered past.
As they spend more time together, neither of them is prepared for the effect Charlie has on Hudson, and how important she would become for his career.
- Introducing Chris (the romance-convert) and Laurie (the romance-enabler)
- Listen to Chris in our previous review of The Ones Who Got Away
- Discussing and incorporating romance into a literature curriculum (00:06:23)
- Finding your place in romance novels
- Read Chris' published work in Emerge Literary Journal and Press Pause Press and look out for Laurie's podcast, #TheoryBabes (coming soon)
- Education is sexy. Period.
- Introducing today's small town, rockstar romance, Baking with a Rockstar (00:19:26)
- A brief synopsis for the book
- Overall impressions: a hero with top-notch emotional intellect, the "all-knowing" granny, and a cast of character to love
- Being a mother vs. the act of mothering
- Not enough baking, not enough rocking (00:35:14)
- Lyrics or no?
- Specific character descriptions: helpful or hindering? (00:39:58)
- Introducing the "penis funnel"
- Her "salty gumbo" and other non-sexy, food-related euphemisms
- Intimacy vs. sex (00:56:53)
- A few steamy sexcerpts + some missed opportunities (01:00:10)
- Spontaneous combustion... and cardigan sweaters
- Heart, Humor, & Heat Ratings (01:11:57)
- The next book in the series...
- One more penis funnel
Follow Boobies & Noobies on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook @boobiespodcast and check out our blog, merch, and more on our brand new Boobies & Noobies website.
*Boobies & Noobies is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. You can find more outstanding podcasts to subscribe to at Frolic.media/podcasts*