This is The Hockey News Podcast.
Each week we’ll bring our experts together, along with special guests, to talk about all the important issues in the hockey world.
The Hockey News Fantasy Podcast: Trade Deadline Fallout
This week on The Hockey News Fantasy Podcast, with senior writer Matt Larkin:
- Assessing which players gained or lost fantasy value at the trade deadline
- Top waiver-wire pickups for shallow, medium and deep leagues
- Strategy tip of the week: the time for patience is over
- Starting Lineup: funniest movies of all-time
- Taking listener questions on pool topics such as:
(a) Keeper league decision: Brock Boeser or Travis Konecny?
(b) Will Jakub Vrana's career explode in Detroit?
(c) Will Taylor Hall find redemption on Boston?
(d) Is Nikita Gusev a priority pickup for the fantasy playoffs?
(e) Better keeper for the next five years: Jack Eichel or Aleksander Barkov?
(f) How to define collusion when deciding whether to veto a trade
And much more!
The Hockey News Podcast: Recapping the 2021 Trade Deadline
This week on The Hockey News Podcast:
Senior writers Ken Campbell, Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin analyze all the biggest stories from NHL trade deadline day, including:
- Naming top winner teams and loser teams
- Breaking down the most significant trades from the days leading up to the deadline: Anthony Mantha, Taylor Hall, Nick Foligno, David Savard and more
- Thoughts on the contract extensions for Alex Iafallo and Scott Laughton
Sami Jo's Podcast: Episode 5 – Daniele Sauvageau
Danièle Sauvageau guided Canada to a gold medal at the 2002 Olympics. She has 24 years of experience with the RCMP and the Montreal Police Force and even coached in the QMJHL with the Montreal Rocket. Host Sami Jo Small chatted with Sauvageau about her passion for the game and her strategic initiatives that have helped her teams towards growth and success.
The Hockey News Prospect Podcast: Canada's U-18 Hopes and Chase Stillman Interview
This week on the Prospect Podcast, Ryan Kennedy and Steven Ellis talk about Canada's U-18 World Championship team, the Biosteel Top Prospects Game, the recent Minnesota High School Tournament and more. Plus, an interview with 2021 NHL draft prospect Chase Stillman.
The Hockey News Podcast: 2021 NHL Trade Deadline Preview
This week on The Hockey News Podcast, with senior writers Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin:
It's our 2021 NHL trade deadline preview, teeing up the big day, which arrives April 12. Topics covered include:
- Will COVID-19 and salary-cap complications make this the quietest trade deadline ever?
- Should the Leafs pursue another goalie, or is Jack Campbell their No. 1 now?
- Which pieces will go in a potential Columbus Blue Jackets fire sale?
- Predicting landing spots for Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri, Rickard Rakell and other prominent trade candidates
- Be the GM: what would you do at the deadline if you were in charge of (insert team here)?
- Listener mailbag, including: Which established young NHLers should seller teams covet?
And much more!
Storytellers Featuring Ian Pulver: Dan Craig, Hockey's Ice King
In order for a hockey player to perform to the best of his abilities at any level, the ice needs to be sensational. There are so many factors that go into building the perfect sheet of ice, and the NHL's "King of the Ice”, Dan Craig, talked to Ian Pulver about his journey to the historic Edmonton Northlands Coliseum and beyond.
Craig talks about creating ice surfaces, building operations, outdoor games and other topics. Listeners will hear about all the great opportunities in the hockey world on the building operations side of the game, a side that doesn't get much attention in the sport.