Chloe Carmichael, Ph.D.: “There's a healthy level of [anxiety] that can be protective. We just need to learn how to use it properly.”
Carmichael, a licensed clinical psychologist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to better direct your anxious energy, plus:
- How to let go of perfectionism
- What to ask when shopping for a therapist
- How to practice mindfulness in the moment
- The best yoga pose when you're feeling anxious
- How to mindfully drink alcohol
Referenced in the episode:
- Carmichael's book, Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety.
- Carmichael's blog post on how to find your alcohol sweet spot.
- Access Carmichael's free worksheets.
- A study showing too aspirational affirmations can cause more insecurity in people.
- Carmichael's Insider's Club.
- Read Carmichael's articles on mbg.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices