This week we’ve been helping HMRC and throwing a 10th birthday party. We discuss “Rolling Rhino”, split personality snaps, UBPorts supporting Project Treble devices, ZFS on Ubuntu 20.04 plus our round-up from the tech news.
It’s Season 13 Episode 15 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
* We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
* Mark has doing user testing for HMRC.
* Martin has been doing a lockdown 10th birthday.
* We discuss community news:
* Ubuntu “Rolling Rhino”; as seen on YouTube
* Split Personality Snaps
* UBports GSI brings Ubuntu Touch to any Project Treble-supported Android devices
* ZFS focus on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS: ZSys properties on ZFS datasets
* We discuss the news:
* THEVIC20 is a full size re-imagined version of Commodore’s ‘wonder computer’ from the 1980s
* Apple has announced that Macs will be moving away from Intel chips
* UK virus-tracing app switches to Apple-Google model
* Mozilla partner with Comcast to enable DNS-over-HTTPS
* Image credit: The Creative Exchange
* We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
* You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
* Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.