What stories do you want to pass down to future generations, and how can StoryKeep help you preserve and share them?
Today's episode features Jamie Yuenger, founder of StoryKeep, who discusses the growing trend among multi-generational family offices and businesses to document their history professionally. She explains how the power of media has made it easier to share valuable family stories for future generations. From audio-based works to full-fledged documentary films and private podcasts, Jamie shares how StoryKeep has evolved to meet the needs of families looking to create a lasting legacy. Join us as we explore the power of media in connecting families and creating lasting legacies!
Jamie Yuenger is the founder and principal of StoryKeep, a company that creates films and books that document family and business stories. For over a decade, Jamie's team has helped multi-generational and business-owning families honor and share their legacies.
[00:01 - 08:43] Opening Segment
• The growing trend among multi-generational families to professionally document their history
How the power of media has made it easier to share valuable family stories with others
• Jamie shares how the story’s work has evolved over time
• What led Jamie to start StoryKeep
[08:44 - 16:38] Creating Legacy Projects
• StoryKeep specializes in creating custom legacy projects, including films and private podcasts
The discovery conversation, production, and pre-production
• Emotional investment is key in connecting with clients and their families
[16:39 - 25:05] The Essence of Family and Business Legacies
• Alternative investments can help safeguard portfolios in the current market environment
• Film and podcasting can be tools for emotional connection and community building within families
• Private podcasting is a niche that offers unique opportunities for documenting family stories
• Best practice involves testing concepts and adjusting based on feedback from the group
[25:06 - 34:40] Closing Segment
• Tips for compelling storytelling and connecting with rising generations
• Working together to identify interests and build buy-in
• Three things often left out of personal stories
Want to connect with Jamie? Follow her on LinkedIn and Instagram. Head to StoryKeep to build a legacy across generations!
“If we don’t have that emotional investment or experience, then we’ve missed out on the power of what we’re doing.” - Jamie Yuenger
“One of my main goals is trying to educate advisors about how film, in particular, can be a tool for connection, for being a witness to someone’s experience and to widening the conversation and bringing more voices into a conversation.” - Jamie Yuenger
Download our FREE Strategizing for Inflation Guide here: https://www.excelsiorgp.com/download/
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, AND LEAVE US A REVIEW on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or whatever platform you listen on. Thank you for tuning in, and Stay Tuned for the Next Episode COMING SOON!
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.