A podcast featuring interviews with experts throughout the Nuclear Energy field, covering advanced technology, economics, policy, industry, and more.
Victor Nian, Energy Studies Institute, National University of Singapore
1) The impact of Fukushima on Victor Nian’s career path in the nuclear industry
2) A regional look at the risks and benefits of expanding nuclear energy in Southeast Asia
3) Singapore’s focus on energy efficiency as an urban island state
4) How small modular reactors could change Singapore’s nuclear power development
COVID Miniseries: Mohammad Khan - Emory University Winship Cancer Institute
1) Early uses of radiation in medicine
2) The use of low-dose radiation to treat cancer
3) Dr. Khan’s work treating COVID-19 related pneumonia with low-dose radiation
4) Global efforts to begin clinical trials treating COVID-19 related pneumonia with low-dose radiation and the challenges of using this treatment off protocol
COVID Miniseries: James Welsh, Edward Hines VA Medical Center
1) The use of radiation as a treatment for cancer and various benign diseases.
2) Cytokine release syndrome, the cytokine storm, and the body’s inflammatory response to COVID-19.
3) The use of low-dose radiation to treat COVID-19 related pneumonia and historical uses of radiation to treat pneumonia.
4) Current challenges to using low-dose radiation to treat COVID-19 related pneumonia.
COVID Miniseries: Jim Conca, Herbert M. Parker Foundation
1) The impacts of COVID-19 on the immune system
2) The use of low dose radiation (LDR) to treat COVID-19 related pneumonia and the historical precedence for this treatment
3) The importance of accurately weighing risk versus benefits when evaluating the use of radiation in medical procedures
4) Misconceptions about radiation and the important role it plays in medicine
IFNEC Series - Facundo Deluchi (Argentina)
1. Facundo Deluchi introduces Argentina’s nuclear program and its impact worldwide through technology export
2. The role of INVAP in Argentina’s nuclear program and throughout the international market
3. Why the specific needs of developing countries must be considered in energy infrastructure development
4. How the International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation brings different nuclear stakeholders together to strengthen the worldwide industry
GAIN-NRIC Miniseries: Nick Smith
Nick Smith joins Bret on the latest episode of Titans of Nuclear to discuss:
1) How Nick Smith’s early professional career on the football field led him to the energy industry in an unconventional way
2) Nick reflects on his personal discovery of nuclear power and how it led to a major career shift to advanced nuclear R&D
3) An overview of the current projects underway at the National Reactor Innovation Center (NRIC) to enable advanced reactor demonstrations
4) The role of the Zero Power Physics Reactor (ZPPR) and the Experimental Breeder Reactor-II (EBR-II) dome in the future of advanced nuclear
Find more episodes on iTunes, Spotify, and on our Titans of Nuclear YouTube. You can follow us on Twitter at @NuclearTitans.
Titans of Nuclear
This podcast is great and deals with an original and feasible solution to reduce Climate Change !
Introduction to Titans of Nuclear
Clear, succinct and well-documented presentation witch helps the listener to come to a better understanding of the energy and environment challenges we face. It is not only informative but also pleasant to listen because of the non-moralistical way of presentation.