Speaking to Mason Taylor, the founder of tonic herbalism brand/health platform Superfeast this week on the podcast!
We dive into:
- Some of the mental dangers of wellness ideologies and defining ourselves as certain things - including the ways we adopt superiority, rigidity or a mentality of being against the ‘other’ - especially when we promote said ‘diets’ or ‘modalities’ as a sort of teacher or expert
- The powerful potential of ripping the bandaid off of health terminology, dogma, ideologies and addictions to these ways of being
- Trusting our inherent instinctual knowingness when it’s time to expand our lens of what ‘wellness’ is
- The importance of examining and engaging with the ‘opposite’
- Discovering our authentic health pillars and building a temple that is okay with perpetual contradictions and changing gears when needed
- The many archetypes that come into play within our relationship to health, wellness and longevity; the thinker, the lover, the ancestor and the celebrator
- The Daoist treasures of Jing, Qi and Shen and how they percolate through our bodies and how we can cultivate them for longevity
- Moving away from the 'diagnosis to cure' model of taking tonic herbs and how they serve more general energetic systems and organs rather than specific issues - and how Mason navigates these questions as the primary face of Superfeast
- His new blend Shen and the calm, steady, heart-centred energy it can bring forth for us
- How to really cultivate Jing, Qi and Shen energy now to sustain us into elder hood so we can age with abundant treasures, good vibes and wisdom instead of burn out, bitterness or depletion
Connect with Superfeast here:
& follow Mason too!