And we're back!
This week the girls talk their way through Amita Murray's gorgeous "The Trouble With Rose" In doing so, we learn about:
- Great Indian Families (bonus points for recognising EVERYONE YOU'RE RELATED TO THEREIN)
- True acceptance, both self-acceptance, and acceptance by others, and how rare it is
- The girls' killer one liner notes on repeated themes in the book (in fairness that's mostly Saoirse) Said notes that kept cropping up were:
- OMG IT ME
- OH SO SAD
- I BET SIMON SMELLS AMAZING
-THIS IS LOVE!!!
And it wouldn't be one of our episodes without approximately TEN THOUSAND tangents
- BTS's Dynamite being a comment on racism in the music industry (Katie's goin hard here)
- Jungkook's see-through shirt on Jimmy Fallon last week. Like for ages.
- Saoirse explaining "macaroni in a pot" (no seriously)
- And Saoirse finding The Roots' Black Thought just ever so attractive (Oh he's very handsome)
The Trouble With Rose is available on Kindle and at all good booksellers (shop independent if you can!) and you can find more information
on Amita and her work at amitamurray.com
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/lc-lewis/message