a media, wellness & artistry hub
that is; in celebration of the Earth,
inspired to live in a mindful, health-filled way,
humbled by the depths of inner exploration
and the power of practicing daily rituals,
in love with the beauty of cultures worldwide
and the adventurous nature of travel,
dedicated to a life of heart-centredness, purposeful pursuits,
and a whole lotta mojo.
Health Dogma Dangers, Daoist Treasures & Adaptability for Longevity with Mason Taylor of Superfeast
Speaking to Mason Taylor, the founder of tonic herbalism brand/health platform Superfeast this week on the podcast!
We dive into:
- Some of the mental dangers of wellness ideologies and defining ourselves as certain things - including the ways we adopt superiority, rigidity or a mentality of being against the ‘other’ - especially when we promote said ‘diets’ or ‘modalities’ as a sort of teacher or expert
- The powerful potential of ripping the bandaid off of health terminology, dogma, ideologies and addictions to these ways of being
- Trusting our inherent instinctual knowingness when it’s time to expand our lens of what ‘wellness’ is
- The importance of examining and engaging with the ‘opposite’
- Discovering our authentic health pillars and building a temple that is okay with perpetual contradictions and changing gears when needed
- The many archetypes that come into play within our relationship to health, wellness and longevity; the thinker, the lover, the ancestor and the celebrator
- The Daoist treasures of Jing, Qi and Shen and how they percolate through our bodies and how we can cultivate them for longevity
- Moving away from the 'diagnosis to cure' model of taking tonic herbs and how they serve more general energetic systems and organs rather than specific issues - and how Mason navigates these questions as the primary face of Superfeast
- His new blend Shen and the calm, steady, heart-centred energy it can bring forth for us
- How to really cultivate Jing, Qi and Shen energy now to sustain us into elder hood so we can age with abundant treasures, good vibes and wisdom instead of burn out, bitterness or depletion
Connect with Superfeast here:
& follow Mason too!
Exploring our Non-negotiable Need for Safe Connection & Touch with Tristan of Attunement Therapy
In this conversation I chat to a dear friend Tristan Bray. He's the founder of a powerfully beneficial modality called Attunement Therapy; whereby clients are simply safely held by the practitioner. Yes it is simple, yet as we explore, miraculous healing through touch can actually be this simple, quick and effective.
Attunement Therapy's mission is to de-radicalize human touch, and to help create a new culture where non-sexual intimacy is normalized as a ‘common sense’ pathway to healing. If we take a brief glance at the worsening state of loneliness, depression, drug use and suicide all around us, we can see that physical human connection is the key to repairing and enriching people’s way of life. We truly are wired for connection. We become unbalanced on all levels if we don't receive this.
Through our conversation we touch on:
- What safe touch can do to people in terms of healing past trauma, balancing emotions, becoming more sensitive and helping our immunity
- The current global climate in regards to distancing and isolation and how detrimental this truly is to us as a species
- How seeking non-stop pleasure actually makes us more unable to feel happy
- The power of creativity, hobbies, Wu Wei, nature time and helping our wider community
- The medicinal quality of plants in moving through aspects of oneself
...and a whole lot more!
The 5-part extensive Plant Medicine interview with Kuauhtli we spoke of can be found on Tristan's Soundcloud channel here (highly recommend):
Connect to Tristan and his work here:
Bringing Deep Feminine Power back to Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond with Hannah of Soul Seed Gathering
In this conversation i'm speaking again to Hannah Ruth Dyson, founder of Soul Seed Gathering; a not-for-profit research, media, events and advocacy organisation.
Soul Seed's mission is to bring the deep feminine to historical significance and cultural relevance. They do this by presenting archeological and historical records from a feminine viewpoint, alongside sharing voices, stories and perspectives of land-based, cultural, earth and community protectors worldwide.
As we explore through our conversation, there is far, far more to our story as women. More power, more potential, more ritual, more intuition to be felt.
We speak about:
-Hannah's past pregnancy experience of not listening to her intuition in birth and how that led her to a traumatic process
- Her current pregnancy journey and the medicine it has led her to
- The parallel with the distortion of birth and of plant medicines
- Her amazing project Soul Seed and it's new 'house' library of feminine research, historical stories and Indigenous wisdom
Connect to Soul Seed Gathering & Hannah here:
Herbal Body Oils, Plant Infusions & Self-care Rituals with Maddie of Malakite Herbal
In this episode, I speak with Maddie of Malakite Herbal. She was featured on our new social platform (info included in the ep!!) last week.
We converse around some of the topics she explored in the app, including:
- Essential oils v whole plant infusions
- Ritual bathing/cleansing
- Intuitive business
- Ancestral plant threads
Download the app here:
Connect with Maddie:
The Shamanic Arts, Elements, Ancestors & Being Mentored by the Mystery with Mimi Young of Ceremonie
Mimi Young is a practitioner of core shamanic and Wu (Chinese animism and occultic) arts and founder of Ceremonie, an esoteric brand focusing on in-person and online shamanic education, Remote Shamanic Readings and Dream Interpretations, and healing plant potions for skin and aura.
Mimi’s practice weaves spirit travel, past lives work, divination, dream work, shadow work, and ancestral connection. She is also a neurofeedback practitioner.
We speak about:
- her ever-present gifts in communicating with the non-human world of elements, animals, plants, stones and ancestors
- how she facilitates shamanic readings
- the potency of this year and it’s medicinal opportunities for growth, humbling and hearing one another in a deeper way
- the importance of artist representation and credit online, how she came to create and continually build such a powerful platform/offerings, powerful lessons from her children, and so much more.
Connect to her here:
Her online Mystery Mentorship program:
Private spirit travel readings:
Ecological Hope through Planting Native Forests to Offset our Emissions with Sofi of Greenfleet
In this conversation i'm speaking with Sofi Krige, a project officer for Greenfleet - which is an Australian not-for-profit that grows native, bio-diverse forests to offset peoples’ carbon emissions.
Sofi is motivated by nature-based, hope-filled, proactive solutions to our earth’s ecological + climate crisis. With an eclectic range of experience from activism and teaching, to farming and business development; she has continually approached the question of how humans can reconnect to nature's systems and regenerate our landscapes.
Beginning her studies in Permaculture and then Production Horticulture, Sofi discovered an appreciation for the fundamental components of ecological health. Sofi went on to learn about the sociological reasoning behind humanity’s misuse and destruction of their own habitat.
Through studying a Bachelor of Environment and Society at RMIT and graduating with distinction, she feels inspired to play her part in channelling financial resources in the direction of landscape restoration because she feels ecological resilience to be humanity’s best insurance policy.
Connect to Greenfleet's offerings here:
CarbonCover 365 Annual Offset -
Individual Offset Page -