Affiliate links are used in this content.
This episode is brought to you by BioClarity. Right now you can save 40% off Skin Care Routines, plus 15% off everything else at BioClarity.com when you use coupon code LOVELY at checkout.
This week’s episode of CTL is brought to you by Blume Hug Me natural deodorant. Text Cultivate to 79-79-79 to get 25% off your first stick of Hug Me deodorant!
Thanks to Plan to Eat for sponsoring this episode of the podcast. Visit PlanToEat.com/LOVELY to start your free 60-day trial instead of the normal 30-day trial.
This week on Cultivating the Lovely, MacKenzie chats with Ruth Soukup, author of the new book, Do It Scared and founder of Ruth Soukup Omnimedia. As well as an author, business owner, podcaster and creative, Ruth is a wife and mother of two girls. MacKenzie and Ruth chat about doing new things, having courage to try, and so much more, including:
* Ruth’s own story of facing fears all through her life and how that became a book
* The research process in finding out about people’s fears
* The seven fear archetypes that Ruth discovered
* Why it is so empowering to learn more about ourselves and why we do what we do
* How life impacts our fear archetypes
* All about the Do It Scared Fear Assessment and how it works
* More about the practical tools found in the Do It Scared
* The fears Ruth has had to overcome and how that process looked
* Ruth’s experiences of dealing with rejection
* Thoughts on the enneagram intersecting with the fear archetypes
* How understanding our fears impacts our relationships
* The higher engagement of podcasting over other media
* What MacKenzie and Ruth look for in podcast guests
* A typical day in Ruth’s life
Ruth: focussing on her marriage and being intentional about connecting with her husband in the middle of a busy season
MacKenzie: taking care of her first houseplant, “Vern the Fern”
Do It Scared
Sleeping At Last
The Greatest Showman soundtrack
You can find Ruth Soukup on her website, RuthSoukup.com, and listen to her on the Do It Scared podcast. You can also follow her on these social media: Facebook, Instagram,