Podcast by St John Craner
Online Marketing with Phil Grant from NZ Natural Clothing
Our guest for today has a strong connection with the rural retail industry and runs one of the top retail stores in New Zealand called New Zealand Natural Clothing that sells iconic rural clothing brands like Norsewear and Swanndri. Owner Phil Grant will generously shares how online and content marketing contributed to the phenomenal growth of his business and how it thrived even before COVID (his two physical stores are up 200% and he’s had to hire 2 new staff as a result).
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How to run a successful email campaign based on keyword searches
- Why email marketing is crucial to your business
- How to grow your email list and turn it into one of your biggest
business assets using the right incentive (a 5% off voucher)
- How quality blogging can benefit your business
- SEO guide on organic and paid search
- Why you should treat people online like they’ve just walked in the door
- The importance of title testing
- Phil’s views on the future of Fieldays
- How 50% of this sales are made from just 5 product SKUs
Phil will also share how social media contributed an exponential growth during COVID lockdown and how he turned down Amazon to start with his very own .com platform with the help of offshore contractors.
- The Science of Sales Podcast - Online Marketing with Phil Grant from NZ Natural Clothing_show notes
- The Science of Sales Podcast - Online Marketing with Phil Grant from NZ Natural Clothing_transcription
How To Learn LinkedIn With Anne Miles
Our guest today is one of Australia’s multi-talented marketing communication experts Anne Miles who runs her very own super-successful global creative community Suits and Sneakers. In this show, Anne shares her insights and expertise on how to master LinkedIn and move it from social media platform to your very own marketing machine.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The biggest mistake people make when using LinkedIn
- How to optimise your LinkedIn profile for prospecting
- How to use LinkedIn search more effectively for keywords (and not names)
- Why you should only blog on LinkedIn
- Why you should stick to your specialist content (and not go too broad)
Anne will show how writing just one article on LinkedIn earnt her 198 emails and $3million dollars of dealflow.
She’ll also share how she went from 1000 followers to 17,000 in 2 years and some of her success stories where she helped land many valuable leads for her LinkedIn clients.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Anne’s next LinkedIn Learning Webinar: www.eventbrite.com.au/e/moving-linkedin-from-a-social-tool-to-a-marketing-machine-tickets-120122462519
MIke Morgan: SEO & Content Marketing Tools & Tips for Rural Marketers
In this episode we talk to Mike Morgan from www.highprofileenterprises.com who were first NZ company to be recognised by the Content Marketing Institute in New York. Mike has made several global lists of the top SEO experts to follow on major SEO blogs. This guy knows his stuff.
In this show we cover off:
Is organic search engine optimisation better than paid?
Do Google Adwords work?
How do you keep up with the 200+ rules/protocols of Google?
What is good content? (hint: valuable, uniqueness and quality)
How often should I create content? (listen out for his "Skyscraping Method")
Which platforms should I use?
How To Use Body Language To Make More Sales
Ever wanted to have sales super powers by reading people's minds through their body language? Well now you can.
On this show we speak to New Zealand's leading body language expert Suzanne Masefield on how to read body language correctly to make more sales.
We talk about the importance of where to sit on your first meeting, what chin rubbing and hand wringing means and the art of the handshake.