“I really like fixing and building, and my wife and I like to go around on garbage day and pick up useful odds and ends. This of course also turns into a lot of stuff from a minimalist perspective. How do you deal with useful things that have no specific purpose yet?”
I believe that determining an item’s potential starts first by knowing thyself. On today’s show, I’m explaining my concept of the eco-minimalist spectrum; I’m also offering 3 tips for managing that space where—when we contemplate purpose—fantasy and reality diverge.
Here’s a preview:
[1:45] The eco-minimalist spectrum: What it is and where you fall
[7:00] 5 questions to ask that will help you determine an item’s *actual* value
[14:00] Kid-specific advice about “stuff” that works well for adults, too
* Episode #107: Cluttered Vs. Hoarding: What’s the Difference?
* Thank you to Elderberry Boost for sponsoring this episode! Get 15% off with code SMP at checkout.
* Leave a voicemail with your question and I’ll answer it on-air! Here’s how: State your name then leave the show a message at (508) 960-9046. (This new feature only works with audience participation, so don’t be shy!)
* Prefer to send an email? Reach out at MamaMinimalistBoston@gmail.com.
* Join our (free!) community here.
* Find your tribe. Sustainable Minimalists are on Facebook, Instagram + Pinterest.