WARNING: This episode contains extremely powerful and insightful information for those that are studying / researching in life sciences who are curious or have a strong desire to move into the industry.
Feinga Lotu Tupou, 29 year old highly driven and inspirational New Zealand born Tongan, is a great friend of mine, whom I met during my Uni days. On this episode, Feinga drops the knowledge bomb on how he crafted his career after finishing his postgraduate degree to be in one of the top international chemistry (colorant) companies in the world.
The episoide starts from: 02:12
Summary of topics:
1. Feinga explains the importance of the first few steps in kickstarting his career (6:00).
2. Common mistakes that 90% of academics make when looking for industry jobs (15:36).
3. Why Kiwis push the pedal to the metal when they move across the ditch (21:19).
4. #1 key to success EXPOSED: providing value (28:09).
5. How to prepare your mind to get over your fears: the scientific approach (36:23).
6. Things that sparked Feinga's curiosity in science that no one knows about (39:35).
7. How to solve problems in the easiest way possible (46:03).
8. Paul and Feinga share their common childhood challenge for the first time (51:27).
9. What success means to Feinga - shockingly truthful (1:00:31).
10. Find out what Feinga tells his 10 year younger and older self (1:05:49).
Thank you once again for tuning in today and we appreciate your love and support.