Psyda Podcast are candid conversations with thought leaders in the field of AI, Data Science and Psychology. The host Minhaaj Rehman is CEO of Psyda Solutions and a renowned social scientist. He is the author of the book 'Psychometrics in Recruitment' and two other books. He has worked with bluechip companies for over 20 years in different capacities. You can checkout Psyda website at www.psyda.co You can also join slack community at https://launchpass.com/psyda
Bioinformatics with Chanin Nantasenamat aka Data Professor
On Friday, March 5th, I will be talking to one of the best data science mentors on Youtube, known for his work in bioinformatics and machine learning. His colorful infographics, succinct visualizations of the concepts, and depth of knowledge amaze every beginner in data science. Chanin Nantasenamat is also known as 'Data Professor', a name everyone knows if they have ever searched for 'data science' on youtube. He is the head of 'Center of Data Mining and Biomedical Informatics' at Mahidol University, Thailand, and an Associate Professor as well. He has held visiting professor positions at Uppsala University in Sweden and California State University and University of California in US. He has been the principal investigator of grants worth millions of dollars and has received numerous awards for his teaching and research work. He has over 100 publications at the cutting-edge of bioinformatics. He has peer-reviewed in over 40 journals. Join us as we explore the boundaries of drug development and biotechnology and how data science and AI is helping us do that.
Neuroscience of Memory with Dr Boris Konrad
Up next on Psyda Podcast is Dr Boris Nikolai Konrad. He is 8x team world champion, holds 4x Guinness Book World records, holds a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, has degrees in physics and computer sciences, and trains people in techniques like Method of Loci, Mnemonics and Mind Palace (explained in Sherlock & Netflix series 'Memory Games'). He is a TEDx speaker, appears on media regularly including Germany's super popular program 'The Brain', and shows in Chinese, Russian, Italian and Dutch Media. He is featured in BBC News, NPR, CNN, Psychology Today and DW among others. He is the author of the best-selling book 'It's all in your head' currently being translated to English. He currently works at the world-renowned center for Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour in Nijmegen (Netherlands) exploring the depths of the human brain. Join us as we explore the the human brain.
Infonomics with Doug Laney
Probably one of the richest conversations I have had from a business perspective on Data Science, Infonomics, AI and Psychology of Patterns.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
1. The Wall Street Journal quoted Doug Laney saying ‘ Its flummoxing that companies have better accounting for their office furniture than their information assets’.
2. United and American Airline’s third party valuation based on collateral customer loyalty data is 3-4 times more than their actual market cap.
3. ‘Kushim’ from Yuval Noah Harari’s book 'Sapiens', the first known human being was an accountant, which tells a lot about the importance of information.
4. Future disruptive technologies according to Gartner are DNA storage, Quantum Computing and Carbon Nanotubes.
5. Doug’s been a competitive tennis player and is now exploring pickle ball.
Join our slack for more: https://launchpass.com/psyda
Psychometrics with Dr Okan Bulut
On Tuesday, February 16th,2021 I will be talking to one of the leading psychometricians Dr. Okan Bulut. He is a professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Alberta and has worked at premier institutions developing assessments at Pearson, PluralSight, and the American Institute of Research. He is the author of the book 'Handbook of educational measurement and psychometrics using R.'
ML at Amazon with Greg Coquillo
It was a true blast talking to Greg Coquillo. It is always a pleasure talking to such a good sport and insightful leader and he truly is Amazon material. Here are some of the highlights of our conversation:
1. The trick to coming out of college debt-free is to go to a community college first.
2. Gamestop has really changed the world for the better.
3. Greg would invent the internet if given a chance to time travel back.
4. Bitcoin is still a big no for Greg Coquillo’s investments
5. Amazon is here to stay despite Alibaba, Azure, and Google Cloud.
6. Japanese Wasabi sauce is the real thing. What we have is a watered-down version of that.
7. Sophie the robot still leaves much to desire for Greg. Step up the game Sophie.
Artificial Intelligence with Luis Serrano
On February 3rd, I talked to Zapata scientist, Dr. Luis Serrano, the author of the best-selling ‘Grokking Machine Learning’ book published by Manning Publications Co. He has worked at Google as a machine learning engineer, at Udacity as the head of AI content, and at Apple as a lead AI educator. He runs a popular YouTube channel where he explains machine learning in layperson terms.