DISCLAIMER: This episode contains extremely humorous yet empowering stories that will help you feel more grateful and positive in achieving your goals.
Dohyun "Kim" Han, 29 year old Kiwi-Korean (like myself), is a great friend of mine, whom I met during my Uni days through my friend Ray (E02). On this episode, Dohyun shares his "crazy" life changing stories & how to navigate your OWN path to success - while keeping true to himself and some of the Korean values.
The episode starts from: 02:12
Summary of topics:
1. "Working like a dog" throughout Uni to build a "strong" CV & to chase his "dream" job (4:47).
2. The secret to getting his first job out of Uni - being street smart vs book smart (11:04).
3. The drastic change from being in a once-desired corporate job to being a teacher (16:07).
3.1. Story 1: the big move to Japan from NZ to get his foot in the door to teaching (16:22).
3.2. Story 2: dangerous encounter with the Yakuza in Japan (25:12).
3.3. Story 3: Going through near death experiences & severe panic attacks due to health complications (31:20).
3.4. Story 4: Dohyun explains how he survived through it all and the steps he took to recovery and stay positive (37:39).
4. Dohyun on gratitude & having goals is the new cool (51:24).
5. Dohyun exposes his "expensive" hobby for the first time (1:05:31).
6. Find out what Dohyun tells his 10 year younger and older self (1:15:23).
BONUS: Dohyun gets deep and emotional about the motive behind his pursuit of happiness and success (1:17:37).
Thank you once again for tuning in today and we appreciate your love and support.