Episode 3 of the 22 Digit Deep Tech house podcast series featuring a tribute to Shindig's 21st birthday and a guest mix from Moodymanc.
"Moodymanc" has become one of the most respected names in house music today. The cheeky monniker was given as a nickname to Danny Ward by his cohorts at 2020 Vision recordings due to his heavily jazz tinged productions and Mancunian roots (Danny was a Hacienda regular and performer back in the day) whilst he was producing his two widely acclaimed albums and may 12"s under the name "Dubble D" and as part of "2020 Soundsystem".
The rest is house music history with the first series of 12"s on his own imprint through 2020Vision leading to releases on labels including Tsuba and Dessous (as well as 2020Vision itself), and underground 12"s on boutique labels including Landed, Abstract Theory and Fly By Night. The considerable success and response of these releases, not to mention his chart topping eps "Black Paint", "Joy" and "Father" have showcased his unique production skills and lead to him becoming one of the most in demand re-mixers around, keeping his name consistently in the bestseller and DJ charts and earning the respect of most of the big hitters on the scene, whilst his tribute re-work of Whitney Houston's "It's not right, but it's okay" continues to be an internet sensation.
Danny's roots lie in his background as a jazz musician (he still regularly performs with some of Europe and the US's finest) leading him to gain work with such beat luminaries as Rae and Christian, the Pharcyde, Fila Brasilia and many more before taking the drum and production seats in 2020 soundsystem with Ralph Lawson and Silver City, this led him to perform and dj at some of the biggest clubs, dance events and festivals across the world and has seen him create a large media presence having graced the cover of DJ magazine and been featured in all the Dance music glossies as well as the underground blogs.
2013 is kicking off in fine style for Danny with Moodymanc re-mixes of 95 North's classic "Let Yourself Go" tearing up dancefloors and vinyl eps in line for spring release on Frole , Abstract Theory and Gimmick, plus a "Dubble D" ep on Dark Energy and further side projects and an album planned for later in the year.
SHINDIG XXI Mix Tracklist
1. Maya Jane Coles - No Sympathy (Djuma Soundsystem Mix)
2. Kerri Chandler - Keep Me Inside
3. Seth Troxler - Love Berzerker (Ryan Crosson Remix)
4. Guy Gerber & Shlomi Aber - Afterlove
5. Davide Squillace & Alex Nazar - Do Somebody
6. Monkey Safari - High Life (Ole Biege Remix)
MOODYMANC GUESTMIX TRACKLIST
1. Ludowick - Let's Get it Off (Moodymanc's epic opener)
2. Dubble D presents Moodymanc - "Church!"
3. Pablo Sanchez - Out and About (Kyodai mix)
4. Samuel W. - China Book
5. J Paul Getto - Different Folks
6. Biella & Astrall - What Soul Ever
7. Fela Kuti - Shakara (Ossie's Bump Edit)
8. Matrix & Kerri Chandler - Get Out (Kerri Chandler mix)
9. Bjorn Wolf & Youri Donaz - Fisherman from Wuling
10. Jay Lumen - Spin Like Fire
11. Gerald Henderson - I do
12. Umami - Sunny