A record label and party based in New York City and Denver, Colorado
Deep Club is a record label, collective, series of parties, and devotion to American dance music that stretches from Denver, Colorado to Queens, NY. Initiated in 2013 by a committed group of midwestern-raised DJs, Deep Club has cultivated a space in which developed and new forms of house and techno can be shared with the greater community. By marrying their club-level sound system with a DIY ethos, they present a focused vision and experience around their events. Over the last seven years Deep Club has hosted acclaimed talent like Marcellus Pittman, The Black Madonna, and Mike Huckaby at their dance-until-sunrise parties. A string of colorful and well-curated 12-inch vinyl releases and DJ mixes marks the outward and continuous growth of the Deep Club label concept.
Lone Dancer @lonedancer
Subscribe to our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/5YKJ1
Deep Club Podcast 48: Tyrel Williams
TYREL WILLIAMS (Immortal Sin, Secret Studio / SF)
Tyrel (@tyrelwilliams) was a mainstay of Chicago’s underground scene for years. He began mixing records in 1999. Soon later he landed a job at Gramaphone Records, where he spent many years building his collection of vinyl. He spent 2007-2011 building his Acid Test residency at Smart Bar, which was an all vinyl dance party in Chicago. In 2009 he took a job working with Jeff Mills and helping with Axis Records. Tyrel moved to San Francisco in 2011 where he is now a resident DJ for Housepitality, Acid Test, and Fleurs Du Mal. In 2014 he started a project with Bryan Bai-ee called Secret Studio with releases on their own label, Secret Studio Records. His next venture is his new vinyl label with C.L.A.W.S. called Immortal Sin, with the two releases featuring I.B.M. on the first record and Bill Converse on the second.
This mix was recorded for Housepitalty back in May 2020. Tyrel was feeling his old deep house collection, so he wanted to tap into that and play some of his favorite deep house records.
No tracklist available.
Deep Club Podcast #47: Joey M.
JOEY M. (Denver House Authority / Denver)
Joey M’s DJ career started in 1997, and since then he has made a name and a reputation for himself as one of the best house DJs Colorado has to offer. Joey’s musical style has always been true to house from day one. He has held residencies at several of Denver’s most prominent nightclubs including Beta, The Beatport Lounge, Vinyl, Bar Standard, The Church and Funky Buddha, as well as throwing underground warehouse events and playing larger scale festivals. Joey M is part of Denver House Authority, a production company started in 2007 with partners Isaac H. and Brandon Bass.
Digging deep into his catalog of music to blend old and new deep house, house and tech house, this mix is a fun ride (and perfect example of his DJ sets) that Joey put together especially for Deep Club.
Follow Joey M:
01. Philipp Gonzales - Memories of the Future - Bondage Music
02. Somersault - Thrust - Innocent Music
03. Angel Mora, Tatsu - No More Broken Minds (Tato & Borja Apz Remix) - Recycle Records
04. Drawzer - Breakpoint (Chris BC Remix) - Bonobo Concept
05. Simon Peirson - Coerce (Jimmy Chronic Remix) - Sleepwalker
06. Josh Butler - Sinawava (Original Mix) - Great Stuff Recordings
07. Lui Maldonado, Sebastian Ledher - Drum Blast (Okabi Remix) - Kassette Music
08. Anabel Englund, RYBO - Something New (Jey Kurmis Remix) - Percomaniacs
09. Matty Heilbronn - Funky Shit (Martin Buttrich Remix) - Peppermint Jam
10. David Aurel - Like This (Original Mix) - Hive Audio
11. Super Flu - Do Ex (Original Mix) - Moon Harbour Recordings
12. Harry Romero - La Brava (Original Mix) - Material
13. Detroit Swindle - The Wrap Around (Rozzo Remix) - Saints & Sonnets
14. Sven Tasnadi - It's Your Love (Dennis Cruz Remix) - Moon Harbour Recordings
15. Dale Howard - D-Railed (Original Mix) - Gruuv
16. Blaze, DBR, David Ferrera - To My Beat (Martijn Mix) - Audiodamage Records
17. X-Press 2 - Shakewerk (Original Mix) - Skint Records
18. Posthuman - It's A House Thing - Balkan Vinyl
19. Ian Pooley - Floris (Original Mix) - Innervisions
20. Blaze - Lovelee Dae (20:20 Vision Remix - DJ T. Edit) - Get Physical Music
21. Azymuth - Jazz Carnival (Space Jazz Mix - Global Communication Remix) - Far Out Recordings
Deep Club Podcast #46: POSI-TRACK
POSI-TRACK (Bossa Nova Civic Club / NYC)
POSI-TRACK (@positrack) is a shortened generic term for the GM-branded name "Positraction." It is a type of limited slip differential. To understand how limited slip differentials or LSD works, you must understand how a differential works, and how it relates to torque. In basic terms, a differential takes the power from the output drive of your engine and transfers it to your wheels.
POSI-TRACK flexes his chops with 90 minutes of electro, bleepy, acid burnout slammers. Recorded at his home in Bushwick, Brooklyn, late March 2020.
01. archetype - DEEP feelings
02. kin sun - america's first psychedelic president
03. jimi tenor - rubber dressing
04. ital rockers - dreams
05. softcoresoft - overstatement (space edit)
06. happa - clip
07. christopher rau - who am i
08. simoncino - notice me
09. jammin unit - remote car babe
10. mr. james barth - enchanted (inst)
11. silicon scally - all torque
12. chupacabras - perception of time
13. g104 - electrosamba
14. stasis - beating skins
15. richie & robbie rivera - i wanna feel it DEEPer
16. barker - POSItive valence
17. sleep d - freezer
18. abu ama - esta bien
Deep Club Podcast #45: Alex Burkat
ALEX BURKAT (100% Silk, Ancient Puzzle Arts / Philadelphia)
Inspired by house, techno, hip hop, dubstep, indie rock, jazz and the rich history and present day music scene of New York City, Alex Burkat (@burkat) brings his own perspective to the decks and draws inspiration from everywhere.
His first release EP, Shower Scene, was inspired by a night of dancing at one of the Mister Saturday Night parties, resulting in a release on their record label in March of 2013. Burkat released Tarot the same year, a 12" out now on Los Angeles-based label, 100% Silk, a four track compilation inspired by mysticism and global warming with a house-tinged sound. Since then, he has been busy releasing on such labels as Permanent Vacation, Third Ear Recordings, and the Nite Owl Diner.
In addition to crafting fine-tuned electronic sounds, Burkat also runs his own parties series in Philadelphia, Ancient Puzzle Arts.
From the artist:
This mix was recorded briefly before the chaos of COVID-19. At the time, I was reflecting on some time spent in LA over the last two years, and a particularly incredible time seeing Eris Drew and Octo Octa in Philadelphia at Sanctuary City (shout out Elvin T and everyone involved), and wanted to connect some shared emotional motifs related to those experiences. I had a digital crate of about 100 songs I liked, did a one take jam, and this mix was the result. I personally like the energy of one-take-jam mixes, because I am over analytical about everything in life, so I need the zen of DJing to break from that pattern.
Follow Alex Burkat:
1. Cannon - Spells
2. Cassius - Calliope
3. Peace Division - What's That Sound? (Alex Burkat's No Beef Edit)
4. Pontchartrain - Love Is Madness (Friends & Lovers Dub)
5. Octo Octa - Deep Hurt
6. Alex Burkat - 285 Kent
7. Vozmediano - Wanted
8. Etienne De Crecy - Prix Choc
9. Maxine & Cleo - Proto
10. Stewart Walker, Theorem - Too Distant Images
11. Omar S - Psychotic Photosynthesis
12. Hammer - 99er
13. Butch - Bepsi (wAFF Remix)
14. Marquis Hawkes - The Phoenix Part 2
15. Benjamin Frohlich - Draw From Money (I;Cube Remix)
16. Kelela - Enough
17. The Internet - It Gets Better
Deep Club Podcast #44: Laru
LARU (Vantabrown™ / Denver)
Surrounded by music his whole life, Laru (@laruloud) began DJing in 1999 after his introduction to rave music through the unique and expansive Colorado rave scene. Watching DJ culture evolve with technology over the last two decades, he has strived to keep the vision of RHYTHM alive though the years. Vantabrown™ is an extension of this vision he holds so dearly. Vantabrown™ is this moment here in front of us. It is a conduit for rhythm.
This mix plays with themes of space, time, and rhythm. It allows for a shuffling of what these themes might mean to us and how we perceive them. Recorded on 3 CDJs and a Xone:96.
Resident Advisor: https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/laru
01. Space & Time Intro - Laru - Unreleased
02. Donato Dozzy - 12H.4 - Presto!?
03. Significant Other - Memory Drum - Well Street
04. OOH SHIT & SHINE - Tecvo - OOH-sounds
05. Ivan Erofeev - Sahiba - Gost Zvuk
06. Rrose - Columns - EAUX
07. Marcel Dettmann - Works (Morphosis 2013 Rework) - Bad Manners
08. Sebastian Mullaert - Sonder At Mountain Street - Kontra Musik
09. E.R.P. - Nerve Play - Frustrated Funk
10. Tollens - Nodus - Miragliotta
11. 4 - Compound Telescope - Illegal Alien Records
12. !nertia - Meti - Illegal Alien LTD
13. Elmono - The Shermi Paradox - Tectonic
14. Sedvs - Nightporter - Bare Hands
15. Rasser - Bells Selection - Warok Music
16. Kirilik - Plumberphonic - Figure
17. Rommek - Grintstone(James Ruskin Remix) - Blueprint Records
18. Bakongo - Goulbap - Livity Sound Recordings
19. William Arist - Quintaesencia I - Animal Farm Records
20. Dax J & Gareth Wild - Revok - EarToGround Records
21. Forest Drive West - They Live - Midgar
22. Optics - Vlamboog - Dynamic Reflection
23. Bathyscaphe - Michał Wolski - Kynant Records
24. Pris - Breathing Space - Envra
25. Denise Rabe - Don’t Leave -Stroboscopic Artefacts
26. Aurora Halal - Eternal Blue(Wata Igarashi Crossing Remix) - Mutual Dreaming
27. Amotik - Setis - Amotik
28. Tensal - Truebano - Kynant Records
29. Josh Wink, Ursula Rucker - Sixth Sense(Shlomi Aber Hidden in the Dark Mix) - Ovum Recordings
30. Aiken - Common Factor - Float Records
Deep Club Podcast #43: Sinistarr
SINISTARR (Exit Records, Metalheadz, Unchained / Detroit + Denver)
Jeremy Howard, aka Sinistarr (@sinistarr), is truly one of the most interesting and exciting names to hit the underground dance music world this past decade. He has become known as an innovative and consistent producer and a skilled and adventurous DJ, and his sound is an authentic extension of his soul and the pure talent that Jeremy possesses, deftly exploring the soul of yesteryear with a modern context.
Sinistarr's mix is a heavy retrospect of the "Autonomic" sound, a style of Drum & Bass that took over the scene inside and out over a decade ago. Helmed by DBridge & Instra:mental , this sound connected the dots between golden-era Drum & Bass, R&B, 80s and 90s soundscapes, Detroit Techno and Electro - an era which led to strength to strength vinyl releases and a heavily-lauded mix series.
Stream / download all Deep Club Podcasts here: soundcloud.com/deepclubus/sets/deep-club-podcasts
01. pearson sound - down with you [darkestral] 2010
02. asc - reform [autonomic] 2011
03. distance - skys alight [autonomic] 2010
04. dbridge, instra:mental & skream - acacia avenue [autonomic] 2010
05. abstract elements - wrong way [exit] 2010
06. asc - phobos [nonplus+] 2010
07. vaccine - ochre [nonplus+] 2010
08. urban tribe - sophistry [mo' wax] 1998
09. pearson sound - higher [darkestral] 2010
10. dbridge - love hotel [exit] 2010
11. instra:mental - pacific heights [darkestral] 2007
12. rockwell - everything (& u) [darkestral] 2010
13. asc & vaccine - opus [nonplus+] 2010
14. instrumental - no future [nonplus+] 2009
15. spectrasoul - insignia [exit] 2009
16. asc- mater of time [nonplus+] 2010
17. drkstr & instra:mental - the chamber [darkestral] 2007
18. instra:mental vs jonny L - output 1-2 [darkestral] 2007
19. instra:mental & dbridge - the dead zone [darkestral] 2009
20. spectrasoul - melodies [exit] 2010
21. workforce - make me [exit] 2019
22. instra:mental & dbridge - photograph [darkestral] 2009