The best of Belgium, in English. We meet the people and visit the places that make Belgium special. Brought to you by The Bulletin, inspiring Belgium's international community since 1962.
Brussels Minute (afternoon edition) - 18 January
Brussels Minute - 18 January
- 128 cases of British coronavirus strain in West Flanders retirement home
- More than 96,000 people have been vaccinated so far
- 300 join cabaret-style protest outside Monnaie for culture sector
Artists, curators and activists have taken to the airwaves at Kanal Centre Pompidou, which is running a new radio platform called Studio K for the next four weeks – and possibly beyond. We hear from curator Yann Chateigné.
Local fundraiser Meals4healthcare (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/fullcircle.eu/meals4healthcare/__;!!DOxrgLBm!T0iXkKgtzLrmRftupCl-wgFB1nmvpoq5mqQtMV2zX3pwhOGlWYZxRKf70YMY63BFru2poWQ$) is stepping up its appeal for donations to deliver meals to healthcare workers on the frontline of the battle against coronavirus. One of the campaign's organisers, Full Circle co-founder Bridie Nathanson, explains all.
The Bulletin weekly podcast: 18 January
On this week's podcast:
- Fundraising appeal to buy meals for healthcare workers in Brussels
- Kanal Centre Pompidou launches art radio for talks and performances (https://www.thebulletin.be/kanal-centre-launches-art-radio-talks-and-performances)
- Fakes and falsehoods go on show at House of European History
- The state of Brussels’ short-term property market
- Plus our events ideas for the coming week
Brussels Minute (afternoon edition) - 15 January