Get the Coaching you need, the results you want, and the success you deserve with the Daily Boost.
Every 9-minute Daily Boost will help you Clarify your purpose, breakthrough obstacles, and stay motivated. You’ll get everything you need help you get what you want in life.
Discover your purpose and WHY... Take control of your schedule... Get focused... and Eliminate distraction... Stop procrastinating... reduce stress and find more happiness.
As the Host of the Daily Boost, Scott Smith brings a unique, straight talking, and humorous, coaching and motivation style. He make listening fun, interesting - and with over 30 million downloads, the Daily Boost has proven to be highly effective.
Listen to the Daily Boost is available every Monday on iTunes, Spotify, Radio.com and others. Join our Daily Boost Premium Coaching program and get it Monday through Friday at https://motivationtomove.com.
How To Get Lucky in Life
Have you noticed that some people seem to get luckier than others?
Have you also noticed that they are not just sitting around collecting luck?
Getting lucky is almost always the result of taking action on an opportunity that presents itself. Even finding a twenty-dollar bill on the sidewalk resulted from having the chance to take a walk - and doing it.
There are three rules to attracting more luck into your life:
1) Get in the habit of seeking and recognizing opportunities that cross your path every day. They might be hidden so keep your eyes open.
2) When you spot one, immediately decide if taking action will move you closer to your goals.
3) If your heart and soul tell you to go for it, jump in with both feet, commit to your action, and get busy turning that opportunity into the luck you’ve been seeking.
In the future, when somebody asks how you’ve been so lucky in your life, tell them that you just like to stay busy. The rest takes care of itself.
Reach Your Goals Faster with 3 Questions
There are so many choices in front of us every day. Each has the power to determine when and whether you will achieve your goals. Once you know the outcome you desire, these questions will help:
1) What CAN you do today that will lead directly and quickly to achieving your goal.
2) What SHOULD you do today that will lead directly and quickly to achieving your goal?
3) What MUST you do today that will lead directly and quickly to achieving your goal?
Make your next action that one that gets the result you want as fast as possible. Everything else can wait. I dare you to try it.
Easiest Way To Thrive in 2021
It's time to crank up those 2021 goals with a new year upon us. Why not choose a simple way?
One of the easiest methods of achieving success is to stick to tried and true. That doesn't mean you can't move toward something more meaningful. It means that you forgo new knowledge and skill and leverage what you already understand.
The easy way to success assumes:
1) You already have experience and wisdom. You will learn any new skill if, and only if needed.
2) You will choose the path of least resistance. The goal is to get the results you want in the fastest period. No distractions. No zig-zagging.
3) Overthinking burns too many brain calories. If you find yourself confused and stuck, accept that you may need to reevaluate your plan. Do it fast.
Human nature will compel you to clutter your success journey with distraction. Seek the direct route to the results you want. It's easier.
Grateful For The Past Year
It's the time of year when gift-giving is everywhere - but those are not the most important you have received.
Every day that passes, you experience life. The good. The bad. The ugly. Those experiences add up to incredible life lessons that you carry forever.
That leads me to a question -
What experiences did you have last year that you consider a gift?
It is challenging or pleasurable. How you perceive has the power to transform your future.
As you head into Christmas, take a moment and give thanks for the gifts that 2020 produced. That'll make the next year even better.
Why People Fail at Their Goals
Setting goals is a process that can happen automatically or consciously. Sometimes you find yourself on a path. Other times you choose your path, which is the only way to control your outcome.
Why should you choose your path?
Because there are three elements to successful goal completion:
1) Principles are the foundation that supports your belief or behavior.
2) Strategies are your action plan to achieve your goal.
3) Tactics are the steps you take to achieve your final goal.
Think. Plan. Act. That’s the path forward to reach any goal.
Focus on Principles, Strategies, and Tactics. Anything else will cause you to slide backward.
Do you have too many options and are having a difficult time choosing?
There is a concept called "Opportunity Cost.” It is simply the value gained or the value lost in deciding what opportunities you will pursue.
I tend to focus on another question entirely -
"Does an opportunity provide the fastest and most direct path for me to reach my goals?"
It's easy to look at almost any opportunity and justify a path, especially if you are being persuaded by someone else. It’s more difficult to make a choice.
If you want to break free from a stalled life, you must eliminate anything that takes you off course and stay focused on your goals.