#leadership #NewROI #business #management #leadershipdevelopment
🎧 FOR YOUR WEEKEND LISTEN! 🎧
Another week with a new enlightening episode on how to create your own leadership experience through emotional investment.
In Ep# 24: Emotional investment yields better business valuation and performance, we're joined by Dave Bookbinder
Dave is a Valuation Expert, Best-Selling Author, and Speaker. Dave holds MBA in Finance / Investment Management and Collaborating with CFOs, CEOs, Private Equity, and their Trusted Advisers.
Dave writes about finance, leadership, and people's value as a contributor at TLNT, CFO University, Thrive Global, and the Enterprise Engagement Alliance. He is also a former contributor to the business section of the HuffPost.
Dave is reframing the business's value as a function of how well the financial capital, intellectual capital are managed by the human capital (the people).
He introduces a new ROI (Return on Individuals)
What can you expect to listen to:
• David employees Go-giver as a business strategy by putting needs of people interest first and this ultimately creates value
• In business, don’t pitch and sell your products, ask questions about the needs and put people needs then services would act as people needs
• The business conventional wisdom views people as a cost, and that they’re replaceable, which doesn’t help in making strategic decisions of investing in people, true empathetic leaders recognize the people discretionary efforts and view them as contributory assets, and their development helps in business longevity and growth
• The pandemic proved the value of lower-paid employees as, without them, life continuity is affected
• Business can do well by doing good
• In business, if you're going to build long-term relationships with clients or anybody, it's really about communication
• Culture will be good when CEOs are intentional about that, and it takes from 18-24 months to be embedded.