Fotini Iconomopoulos shares the unconventional negotiation approaches to help you get what you want out of work and life.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) The four magic words of negotiation
2) The surprising power of the pause in a negotiation
3) The script to use when you hear “no”
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep659 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT FOTINI —
Fotini is a speaker, trainer, advisor, and author. Fotini helps people get what they want, by channeling her energy into her passion for the power of forward thinking. Today business executives partner with her to achieve their business goals, increase profitability and create a competitive advantage. She empowers their teams through her expertise in negotiation, communication and persuasion.
To share her strengths with more business leaders, Fotini occasionally returns to the classroom as an instructor of MBA Negotiations at the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto. For the last 5 years, she’s been invited to share her messages with audiences from all industries in keynote addresses across the globe. Fotini’s first book from Harper Collins is Say Less, Get More: Unconventional Negotiation Techniques to Get What You Want.
• Book: Say Less, Get More: Unconventional Negotiation Techniques to Get What You Want
• Instagram: @fotiniicon
• LinkedIn: Fotini Iconomopoulos
• Website: FotiniIcon.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
• Book: Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
• Book: Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Dr. Amy Cuddy
• Past episode: 311: Communication Secrets from FBI Kidnapping Negotiator Chris Voss
• Study: “Get Excited: Reappraising Pre-Performance Anxiety as Excitement” by Alison Wood Brooks, Harvard Business School
• Website: HomeAdvisor.com
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Canva. Look more professional with Canva Pro. Free 45-day extended trial at canva.me/awesome