You've chosen a cool new piece of legal technology, but how do you go about implementing it? What phases will your project go through and in what order should they be tackled?
In this episode, Alex and Elliot do a deep dive on all aspects of the implementation process. They cover lots of examples drawn from real life legal tech implementations, including matter management systems, document management platforms, contract automation tools and more.
They also discuss a number of important considerations and best practices for all significant tech-related projects, including:
* should you form a SteerCo?
* when is a staged roll out better than a "big bang"?
* should you spend time simplifying processes before buying new technology?
* how should you record and respond to feedback from users?
* how do you ensure the technology has sustained usage?
* when and how does an implementation project become part of "business as usual"?
This is part 2 of a two part series on choosing and implementing the right technology solution. If you haven't listened to part 1, make sure you go back and check it out!
Harvard Business Review article "Cracking the Code of Change": https://hbr.org/2000/05/cracking-the-code-of-change
Dr Larry Richard article: https://bit.ly/2EThFYN