Inspiring interviews with leading Physiotherapists, discussing real life assessment and treatment, clinical issues and ways to give you an edge in your Physiotherapy clinical practice.
130. Neck pain objective assessment & treatment part 2 with Prof. Gwendolen Jull
How can you thoroughly assess your neck pain patients, and use the information from your assessment to guide your treatment? What treatments are effective in helping patients overcome their neck pain?
In this followup podcast with Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, researcher and Emeritus Prof. Gwen Jull, discover how to accurately assess and effectively treat neck pain.
129. How important is strength in running injury? Physio Edge Track record: Running repairs podcast with Tom Goom
When patients have a running injury, such as knee pain or Achilles tendinopathy, do we need to include strength training in their rehab?
Discover when strength training is an important part of comprehensive running injury rehab in this podcast with Tom Goom (Running Physio).
128. Postoperative shoulders - can we predict who gets stiff? Physio Edge Shoulder success podcast with Jo Gibson
Patients may develop stiffness following rotator cuff repair or other shoulder surgery, particularly with longer periods of immobilisation. On the other hand, some patients may fail rehab without sufficient immobilisation. How can you identify which patients are likely to develop stiffness and will benefit from early mobilisation? Find out in this podcast with Jo Gibson (Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist).
127. Posterior shoulder pain differential diagnosis & treatment. Physio Edge Shoulder success podcast with Jo Gibson
Can you solve this case of a badminton player with a five year history of posterior shoulder pain and shoulder fatigue with overhead movements? Find out in this podcast with Jo Gibson (Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist). Discover the diagnosis and why the patient hasn’t improved with rehabilitation, as Jo reveals the case study.
126. 3 signs of Plantaris involvement in Achilles Tendinopathy. Physio Edge Track record: Running repairs podcast with Tom Goom
When your patient with Achilles tendon pain isn’t progressing as well as you hoped, could Plantaris be implicated in their pain? Find out in this latest Physio Edge Track record: Running repairs podcast with Tom Goom.
Improve running injury assessment & treatment now with the Running Repairs Online course with Tom Goom at clinicaledge.co/runningrepairs
125. Cross education to improve shoulder strength. Physio Edge Shoulder success podcast with Jo Gibson
Immobilisation following a humeral fracture or shoulder surgery quickly results in muscle atrophy and decreased shoulder strength and proprioception. How can you limit strength deficits that develop while patients are in a sling?
During this period of immobilisation, cross education (CE) can help retain shoulder strength. What is CE, and how can you use it in your treatment? Find out in this podcast with Jo Gibson (Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist).
Great great podcast! What a way to keep up to date on current evidence and knowledge!! Looking forward to future podcasts!