1. Cutting off contact with family is on a dramatic rise – how to know if there’s hope of repair, or if self-preservation requires distance.
2. How to have present, productive conversations with our parents about the past.
3. Why we grieve the loss of a family member even if we know it’s healthiest to cut them out.
4. Attachment styles, emotional honesty, and the difference between forgiveness and repair.
5. What to do and say – and what NOT to say – when attempting to reconnect with an estranged loved one.
About Dr. Atlas:
Dr. Galit Atlas is a psychoanalyst and clinical supervisor in private practice in New York City. Her new book Emotional Inheritance was published in January 2022 and is being translated into 17 languages. She is on the faculty of the New York University Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis. A leader in the field of relational psychoanalysis, Dr. Atlas teaches and lectures throughout the United States and internationally.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices