1. How we are each haunted by our family’s secrets and trauma–whether we know them or not–and how to break the cycle for future generations.
2. The astounding new research on generational trauma showing that our personal trauma is passed down genetically to our children and grandchildren.
3. Our unconscious need to heal what our parents could not–and how to mourn what we cannot control.
4. Why our bodies carry what our mind won’t remember–and how to release that burden.
5. Dr. Galit’s new book Emotional Inheritance and the incredible new way to understand ourselves.
About Dr. Atlas:
Dr. Galit Atlas is a psychoanalyst and clinical supervisor in private practice in New York City. She is on the faculty of the New York University Postdoctoral Program in Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis. Dr. Atlas has published three books for clinicians and numerous articles and book chapters. A leader in the field of relational psychoanalysis, Dr. Atlas is a recipient of the André François Award and the NADTA Research Award. She teaches and lectures throughout the United States and internationally. Her new book Emotional Inheritance was published in January 2022 and is being translated into 17 languages.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices