For the 235th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast, we’re joined by Jill Wise. Jill is a brand and marketing strategist, conversion copywriter, and business coach. As much as she’s dedicated to her craft and her clients, she’s also driven to create an authentic online presence. Pushing through the noise and the “rules'' of what she’s supposed to do online, she’s been able to showcase who she truly is and attract clients who align with her same brand values. Don’t miss this episode all about being more YOU in a crowded space while serving your clients at the maximum level. In this episode, we dive deep into:
• Going from a side-hustle to full-on copywriter.
• How to break the rules the RIGHT way and feel great about it.
• Creating a safe space for clients and allowing open communication right from the discovery call.
• The step-by-step process of a white-glove experience and making sure your clients are supported every step of the way.
• Why an automated system can be a great addition to your business and enhance your workflow and respect your boundaries.
• 3 tips to enhance productivity and getting your ideal schedule defined.
• How to shift mindset from freelancer to business owner and what it will do for your business.
• The question: Should you give your client a to do list?
• The truth about showing up online and finding your true voice
• The secret to building discipline—no, it’s not a trait you're born with
• The ins and out of solving problems and finding real solutions for clients
• When something doesn’t work… how to reframe, reevaluate, and get back out there
• Why you should add other skills to your repertoire
• How to properly evaluate competitors—mimic or do better?
• When you get the advice to “dumb yourself down…” run!
Whether you’re a new freelance copywriter or an established business owner, you’ll gain new insights and ideas on how to project your own business forward. Click the play button below to listen, or scroll down for a full transcript.
The people and stuff we mentioned on the show:
The Copywriter Think Tank
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
The Copywriter Underground
Kira: Does this ring a bell for you? You see what everyone else in the copywriting world is doing. You hear what clients expect and you even get advice from a coach that you need to act just like everyone else to get the thing you want. The game's got rules and if you don't play by them, you'll stay on the bench. That's what Jill Wise, Think Tank mastermind member and our guest for the 235th episode of the Copywriter Club Podcast was told. Play nice, dumb things down, don't rock the boat, or you won't attract the clients you want. But something was off and recently, Jill decided to ignore that advice and be more true to who she is. And in this interview, she revealed her new brand transformation with us.
Rob: Before we share what Jill told us, this podcast episode is brought to you by the Copywriter Think Tank. That's our private
Kira Hug and Rob Marsh
TCC Podcast #234: Business Metamorphosis with Linda Perry
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 06:50:57 +0000
Mindset coach and business strategist, Linda Perry, is back for the 234th episode of The Copywriter Club Podcast. Linda is a recovering copywriter who sheds light on how to make mindset approachable in business. No matter what stage of business, everyone experiences struggles with mindset in one way or another. There's a ton of great advice in this episode. You’ll want to note all the ways you can make mindset practical in your own business.