The Millennial Soul Food podcast is hosted by Keon Dillon aka Keyoncé, a Spiritual Life and Business Coach, Cultural Sociologist, Tarot Reader and Cosmonaut based in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Food for the Mind, Body, and Soul, the show is all about Spirituality, the Occult Arts, and Tarot from Keyoncé’s Black, Queer, Southern perspective.
Please Like, Comment, Share, and/or Leave a Review on iTunes.
Thanks so much for listening!
MSF Podcast 22: Ceremonial Magick w/ Tyler from Mage Tower Relics
I was so happy to have one of my best friends Tyler on the show again! Since his last appearance, he’s changed his name up a bit, so now he’s Mage Tower Relics(@magetowerrelics) on Instagram and his website is magetowerrelics.com. He creates magically charged tools like talismans and so much more!
Tyler is a French Quarter Wizard (based in New Orleans), Occult Ceramicist who practices Ceremonial, Postmodern, Linguistic Magic.
Here’s a rundown of what we talked about on the show:
• What is Spiritualism
• Ceremonial Magick and the Process for making Talismans
• Conjuration of Spirits and Seances
• How to create a sigil
• Relevance of ceremonial magick for protection in the post-Trump era
• Using Astrology to time your ritual with planetary influences
• Tarot and Lenormand Reading for the first few month of 2021
Check out Mage Tower Relics (formerly Crossroads and Coincidences) on instagram @magetowerrelics and his website magetowerrelics.com.
MSF Podcast 21: Hoodoo For Prosperity and Abundance
This episode is all about ingredients and spells to draw money, prosperity, and abundance into your life. Episode includes:
- New Patreon Updates
- Internal (psychological)and External (spells, magick)dynamics affecting abundance and prosperity work
- Specific herbs and spells for securing the bag and more!
- Cultivating a relationship with your spirit guides to intuitively do ritual work
- Current Hoodoo books that I'm reading
- Ways to Change Your Mindset to make your prosperity and abundance work more powerful and successful
MSF Podcast 20: w/ Conjure Woman(ist), Rootworker, Medium, Creative & Writer, Satarra
There was sooo much guttural laughter in this episode!
- Growing up in the ATL NeoSoul music community
- Life as a medium
- Music as empowering tool for ritual
- Material and Immaterial Aspects of Conjure and Hoodoo
- The Blurry Lines Between Church and Conjure
Queer/ Trans folks as gatekeepers to the Spirit World
- Hoodoo Secrets in Mississippi Delta Blues Music (Muddy Waters)
- How she predicted Aaliyah’s death as a child
Subscribe to my Patreon for related content!
MSF Podcast 19: A Conversation with Anika, Oshun Devotee, Writer, and Yogi
In episode 19 of the 𝗠𝗦𝗙 𝙋𝙤𝙙𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩, I speak with Anika aka Honeyology Creative who became an Oshun devotee 🍯 back in 2000. We talk about the differences in views of Ifà in 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙋𝙤𝙥 𝘾𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 from then vs. now, life as a spiritualist in New Orleans, and so much more!
𝙊𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚:
• Meeting 𝙇𝙖𝙪𝙧𝙮𝙣 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 within the first week of moving here to NOLA
• 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙖𝙪 and her sister, 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚 𝘿𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪
• Mississippi Hoodoo and Hoodoo as a religious practice
• elements of Ifá in “𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙆𝙞𝙣𝙜” by @beyonce
• Differences in 𝘼𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙍𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙤𝙣 (𝘼𝙏𝙍’s) culture from 2000 to now
• Anika’s experiences of becoming an Oshun devotee in 2000 and experiences forming relationship with the Orisha
MSF Podcast 18: w/ my NOLA Coven Comrade, Tyler Firth
Tyler Firth of Crossroads and Coincidences is a spiritualist, occult scholar, and card reader based in New Orleans, Louisiana.
I’ve known Tyler for over 13 years and I’m so glad that we got a chance to chop it up on the show. We dive DEEP into a variety of topics:
• Why are so many people 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙣 to New Orleans as a site of 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚?
• Mississippi River / Water Spirits
• What’s the tea ☕️ on these 𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 in the #FrenchQuarter (such as infamous The Haunted LaLaurie Mansion, featured in #AmericanHorrorStory)
• 𝙃𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙤𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘾𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙘 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 in Cajun and Creole culture
• 𝙃𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙚 𝙆𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙖, water spirits, weather magicking and “𝙃𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜”
• When does inspiration become appropriation? A very honest conversation about unjust 𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 & 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 in the French Quarter
• 𝘿𝙤’𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘿𝙤𝙣’𝙩𝙨 of conjuring spirits
• Quick 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜/ Fall 2020 US forecast using the 𝙇𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙙 deck
MSF Podcast 17: A Convo w/ Stoned Bastet - Tarot Reader, Conjurer, and Herbalist
In Episode 17, I sit down with Stoned Bastet, Tarot Reader, Conjurer, and Herbalist. This was such a fun show and we covered a lot of topics, many of which focused around using Hoodoo for Black women’s empowerment. Here a concise rundown of what we talked about but there’s wayyyy more:
• Motherhood and Hoodoo
• The process of creating oils for healing and metaphysical purposes and how she created a specific one for evening out her breast sizes after breastfeeding!
• Her journey to learning about tarot and then eventually Hoodoo
• Her process for learning to read tarot and resources that she used and how she gained confidence as a reader
• Esoteric Meaning Behind Stoned Bastet
• Resources for beginning learners in Hoodoo
(apologies for the feedback in the background, my candle was burning and cracking away lol)