In this episode, Kathy Stevens and Sara Boan discuss:
· Thanksgiving's little-known and surprising history
· Tips to help "mixed families" (vegan and meat eaters) feel comfortable at the Thanksgiving table
· Some of Sara's favorite Thanksgiving recipes
· Vegan butters, vegan milks, vegan sausages, including which brands/flavors work best for holiday comfort foods
· At celebrations that include both meat eaters and vegans, it's wise not to discuss one's dietary choices at the dinner table.
· Vegan butters and milks can easily be substituted for dairy products with no difference in taste or texture,
· You can find an enormous variety of mouth-watering and festive-looking dishes to replace the turkey.
. 46 million turkeys--deeply loving, emotional animals--are killed in the U.S. each year for Thanksgiving alone.
Connect with Kathy Stevens:
Facebook: facebook.com/kathy.stevens.CAS (https://www.facebook.com/kathy.stevens.CAS), facebook.com/catskillanimalsanctuary (https://www.facebook.com/catskillanimalsanctuary)
Twitter: twitter.com/CASanctuary/ (https://www.twitter.com/CASanctuary/)
Books: https://store.casanctuary.org/collections/books/products/where-the-blind-horse-sings (https://store.casanctuary.org/collections/books/products/where-the-blind-horse-sings)
Website: Catskill Animal Sanctuary (https://casanctuary.org/)
Instagram: instagram.com/catskill_animal_sanctuary/ (https://instagram.com/catskill_animal_sanctuary/)
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CASanctuary (https://www.youtube.com/user/CASanctuary)