1. Atlanta Spa Shootings.
1. On March 16, 2021, a series of mass shootings occurred at three spas or massage parlors.
2. Eight people were killed, six of whom were Asian women, and one other person was wounded.
3. A suspect, 21-year-old Robert Aaron Long, was taken into custody later that day.
4. Long said he was motivated by a sexual addiction that was at odds with his religious beliefs.
5. He had previously spent time in an evangelical treatment clinic for sex addiction.
6. Long has not been charged with a hate crime, many commentators have characterized the shootings as a hate crime.
7. Victims of the shooting: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/us/atlanta-shooting-victims.html
2. Renewed TV Shows (To Name A Few)
1. Brooklyn Ninety-Nine
2. It’s Sunny In Philadelphia
3. This Is Us
4. Stranger Things
5. The Handmaid’s Tale
6. The Crown (Cancelled)
7. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
9. Young Sheldon
3. Thoughts On The Oscar Nominees
4. Yaphet Kotto Passes Away
2. Bond villain in “Live and Let Die” “Homicide: Live On The Streets”, “Alien”.
5. Vatican Bars Gay Union Blessing
1. Since gay unions are not intended to be part of that plan, they cannot be blessed by the church, the document said.
2. "The presence in such relationships of positive elements, which are in themselves to be valued and appreciated, cannot justify these relationships and render them legitimate objects of an ecclesial blessing, since the positive elements exist within the context of a union not ordered to the Creator's plan," the response said.
6. Spain To Launch A Trial 4 Day Work Week
1. Spain could become one of the first countries in the world to trial the four-day working week after the government agreed to launch a modest pilot project for companies interested in the idea.
2. “With the four-day work week (32 hours), we’re launching into the real debate of our times,” said Iñigo Errejón of Más País on Twitter. “It’s an idea whose time has come.”
3. Leftwing parties in Spain – where a 44-day strike in Barcelona in 1919 resulted in the country becoming one of the first in western Europe to adopt the eight-hour workday – have seized on the idea. “Spain is one of the countries where workers put in more hours than the European average. But we’re not among the most productive countries,” said Errejón. “I maintain that working more hours does not mean working better.”
7. Drew Brees Retires After 20 Seasons In The NFL.
1. Draft: San Diego Chargers in the 2nd round (32nd overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft out of Purdue.
2. 80,358 career passing yds, 571 tds, 243 ints, Super Bowl Champion 2009 beating the Indianapolis Colts 31-17, Super Bowl MVP 2009.
3. Now an NBC broadcaster.