All of us have times of stress, loss, failure or trauma in our lives. But how we respond to these has a big impact on our wellbeing. We often cannot choose what happens to us, but in principle we can choose our own attitude to what happens.
Christoph Spiessens was just 10 years old when he was sexually abused. The trauma he suffered, at the hands of someone in a position of trust, put Christoph on a path of spiritual inquiry.
He discovered that traditional tools for resilience, motivation and happiness are failing. People still feel lost, confused and anxious. Teams are still working in silos. What they want to understand better is who they are, why they are here, and how they can use that understanding to turn ordinary lives into extraordinary experiences.
In this episode the published author and mindfulness coach shares his practical advice to reset your mind and the best ways to use coping strategies: ‘Without you there is no business so keep yourself in the best shape you can.’
- What is mindfulness?
- How can we apply mindfulness in our own lives?
- Why are people not opening up about their mental health?
- What is ichi-go itchi- e and how does that help us engage with co-workers differently?
- How is wellbeing linked to collaboration and productivity?
WARNING: This podcast contains sensitive themes around abuse which some may find distressing.
If you need to talk to anyone about the issues raised in this podcast there are are number of free resources. Don't suffer in silence.
- Mental Health tools for Employers wakelet.com/wake/83f5bcaa-fd73-…0-92e0-241170e54fcf
- Mental Health Resources wakelet.com/wake/7300eaa4-45a3-…9-83c1-c529faa2cb89
- Samaritans www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help…eing-workplace/
- NHS Mental Health Helplines www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-a…l-health-helplines/
Host: Patricia Keating
Guest: Christoph Spiessens https://www.christophspiessens.com/
Listening Time: 45 mins
Follow Tech Manchester:
Or visit us at www.techmanchester.co.uk
Let us know what you'd like to hear to take your business forward. Don't forget to subscribe and leave us a review.