Want the TRUTH about COVID-19? Listen to this episode of the Self Made Strategies Podcast
This episode is a special release meant to help flatten the COVID-19 curve in two ways:
First, the main message of this episode is to follow the advice of your local government as well as that of Dr. Krys Johnson, an Epidemiologist who also worked in Polk County, Florida, during the Zika crisis. Secondly, we are trying to help flatten the curve of current COVID-19 pandemic MISinformation, to ensure that you are getting the true facts.
About Krys Johnson
Krys Johnson joined Temple University in fall 2019 as an assistant professor of instruction in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. She received her PhD in public health with a concentration in epidemiology from the College of Public Health at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. She earned her undergraduate degree in health education and promotion and her master of public health in epidemiology at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. She interned at the Georgia Department of Public Health and then served as an Emerging Infectious Disease Fellow at the Florida Department of Health, stationed in Polk County from July 2015 to August 2016, during the height of the Zika outbreak.
Dr. Johnson's research interests are in mitigating health disparities through community-based participatory research and culturally appropriate behavioral interventions. Her teaching goal is to ensure that students understand the practical applications of epidemiology and biostatistics and can critically review news or journal articles. She seeks to motivate students to realize their own potential and to use that potential to positively impact the world around them.
On today’s episode we will:
• Ask Dr. Johnson for the factual information (the real facts) that we should know concerning COVID-19
• Go through several statements, which have been going around the internet, concerning COVID-19 and set the record straight (these statements were also covered by factcheck.org in their recent interview of Dr. Johnson, which can be found here: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/viral-social-media-posts-offer-false-coronavirus-tips/?sf119120963=1)
• Discuss several recent articles covering the Imperial College of London's report entitled "Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID-19 mortality and healthcare demand" and get Dr. Johnson's opinion on the report
WHAT YOU WILL HEAR ON THIS EPISODE:
• The real factual information about COVID-19 (and why the false statements you are reading on the internet are untrue)
• Why Dr. Johnson believes the measures we are currently taking are not enough
• Dr. Johnson's advise for protecting yourself and your loved ones
• How we can improve our responsiveness to COVID-19 by following Taiwan's lead
• What we can expect in the coming weeks
• And so much more!
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are in COVID-19 isolation) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Follow us on:
• https://www.facebook.com/selfmadestrategies/ •
• https://twitter.com/SelfMadeStratGs •
• https://www.instagram.com/selfmadestrategies/ •