Today I am speaking with Dr. Amy Kruse.
She is a neuroscientist, General Partner, and Chief Investment Officer at Satori Neuro, a venture capital fund focused on mental health, neurotechnology, and human flourishing.
Amy earned a Bachelor of Science in Cell and Structural Biology and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. She went on to serve as a program manager at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), where she oversaw the agency’s first performance-oriented neuroscience programs and orchestrated scientific breakthroughs in augmented cognition, accelerated learning, optimized imagery analysis, team neurodynamics, and neuromodulation.
After DARPA, she served as the Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of Cubic Global Defense and Chief Scientific Officer of Optios.
Prior to joining Satori Neuro, Dr. Kruse was a General Partner at Prime Movers Lab, where she led the fund’s life sciences investments in human augmentation and longevity.
In this episode, we talk about:
* The neuroscience of learning;
* How to improve human performance and mastery;
* The connection between meditation and psychedelic research; and
* The varieties of neurotechnology.
Listen to the episode on Substack, Spotify, Google, or Apple.
* Hosted by Zach Haigney
* Produced by Zach Haigney, Erin Greenhouse, and Katelin Jabbari
* Find us at thetripreport.com
* Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
* Theme music by MANCHO Sounds, Mixed and Mastered by Rollin Weary
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit www.thetripreport.com