Sam Parr (@theSamParr) and Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) bring back Ryan Begelman (@ryanbegelman) for round two on the podcast. In today’s episode you’ll hear: Ryan explains his idea on how high-end cooking classes could make you a million dollars a year (3:00), Ryan talks about some of the very first big name celebrities to join Summit Series (8:15), Shaan asks Ryan if Adam Neumann from WeWork took entity structure too far (11:20), Ryan gives his thesis on how you structure a business following “The Virgin Model” (14:10), Shaan asks Ryan to expand on how to create wealth while still having a great life (25:10), Ryan pulls the curtain back on what it’s like to work in big banking and private equity (33:00), Shaan explains his “sell your byproduct” framework (45:12), Ryan outlines how to grow your business without venture capital (48:05), the guys talk about the psychology behind selling a high-ticket item (52:35)
Companies and people mentioned:
- Ryan Begelman’s website: https://www.ryanbegelman.com/
- Ryan’s companies: https://summit.co/ and https://www.bisnow.com/
- https://websummit.com/ was founded by Paddy Cosgrave (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Cosgrave)
- Adam Nuemann, WeWork founder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Neumann
- https://harvesthosts.com/ founded by Joe Holland
- Barry Sternlicht (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Sternlicht) founder of Starwood Capital, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baccarat_(company), the company bought.
This episode is presented by Tempo! Check them out at tempo.fit and use code "TempoHustle" for $100 off.
Joined our private FB group yet? It's a page where people share each others million dollar ideas or what they're already working on: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ourfirstmillion.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.