In this episode, we had the absolute pleasure to chat with Michelle Stafford aka Diva Yogi about all things:
- What bouncing back means to Michelle
- How she got into yoga
- Understanding pain, knee injury recovery, physical therapy
- Being a meathead at Gold's Gym
- The evolution of representation/diversity in the yoga community
- Empathy and choosing where to extend ourselves
- Her personal struggles and how she has used them to bounce back and help others do the same
- Her love of humans
- How meditation is a communal power
- Women empowerment
- Veganism, not eating alone, eating in season, and shopping local
- Yoni eggs and our sacred wombs
- What D.I.V.A. stands for 3
Shoutout to Terra Cafe in Baltimore for hosting us!!
Shoutout to ITSNATION ENTERTAINMENT (Production House)
Michelle Stafford has been teaching yoga for over 8 years and personal training for over a decade. Her focus is on alignment, spinal stabilization, joint mobility, and overall strength. She combines her knowledge of strength training with yoga and creates a healthy fitness routine suited just for you. Health goes beyond the aesthetic. How do you feel at the end of the day? Are you able to complete your daily tasks with energy and vigor? Physical fitness is about longevity and optimal wellness. Move your body in a quality way (asana), eat healthy food, meditate (dhyana), and do breathing exercises (pranayama) on a daily basis. Exclusive to women's wellness, Michelle teaches women the art of Yoni Breathing & Yoni Weight Lifting through the use of sacred Yoni eggs. These ancient tools are a way for women to meditate, tone the pelvic floor, invigorate the body, and maintain womb health. "Yoni" is the Sanskrit term for "sacred space" or "womb."
Michelle's is a certified NSPA personal Trainer, Patanjali/Iyengar Therapeutic Yoga Instructor, and Level 1 Usui Reiki Practitioner. She has a background in aquatic fitness & belly dance. She is a Trauma-Informed Care Trainer through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/bouncebackpodcast/support