Author Alisa Childers joins Carrie Robaina to chat about her brand new book “Another Gospel?” where she helps the average Christian understand the theological depth of the gospel so they know to respond to progressive Christianity, can determine the Truth, and be able to rest in that.
This Week's Takeaways:
- If you’re a Christian, you’re already an apologist
- Apologetics simply means to always be ready to give a defense for what you believe
- Progressive Christianity is a movement that is springing up within the evangelical church where a group of Christians is questioning things like the virgin birth, do we really need to believe that Jesus resurrected, re-thinking cultural topics and how they relate to the Bible
- Progressive Christianity largely demotes the Bible to be something that we can learn a lot from but is not authoritative in our lives.
- Progressive Christianity is not attacking the secondary beliefs that are theologically debated like speaking in tongues or women in leadership but is motivate by action and how our behaviors make others feel and creates a lower view of the Bible by hyper-focusing on the human element
- Could progressive Christianity be a different religion because it has a different god; the god of individuals as a deity?
📚 Buy Alisa’s book at https://www.amazon.com/dp/1496441737/
This Week’s Sponsor:
Find Your Fit www.carrierobaina.com/findyourfit
Microphone and Gear Used To Record This Episode
Connect with Carrie on Social Media: