Learn about unsigned bands throughout the world through a very simple method, 3 questions & a song. Tune in as Bill Domiano of the Pennsylvania Rock Show introduces you to unsigned bands from anywhere on the 3rd rock from the sun!
Wayward Brigade 3QS069
Jim Berkin of Wayward Brigade joins Bill for this episode of 3 Questions and a Song!
* If you could share a stage with 3 of your influences, what bands would be standing up there with you and where would you hold that show?
* I was checking out your Facebook page, and saw a pretty cool Venue, Hub City Vinyl, can you name some of your favorite venues based on the food that they serve and overall vibe that they provide?
* What is your ultimate goal as a punk act?
About Wayward Brigade
Band Location: Hagerstown, MD
Founded in the dystopian 2020 by a Florida and California transplant, who met in Maryland over a Die Hunns jacket patch. Disenchanted with most newer music, the two started sending each other songs they wrote soon after. Picking up a few others down with the same idea, this band is about the next generation bringing punk back to its roots. No metal influence, no 80s hardcore touch, just pure straight forward traditional punk rock. To carry the torch of the pioneers we grew up with. Keeping rock n roll raw, and skateboarding punk. Anti establishment, take no prisoners, pirate punk rock n roll. This band is for lost, wayward, true non conformist youth as well as aging true blue punk
About the song, Kids Through the Cracks
It's the title track on our 2nd EP, and a personal favorite that we play. It's about
the life challenges that we all come across that make us who we are.
* Where to find them:
Crash Army 3QS068
Corey and Dixon of Crash Army join Bill on episode 68 of 3 Questions and a Song.
* How did you get together, and how long ago?
* How did you get the haunted mine gig?
* How many shows have you guys actually played?
* If your musical idol sits down beside you on a bench, what one question would you ask them?
* If you're standing at the crossroads waiting for the devil to appear, what are you waiting to sell your soul for?
* What would the soundtrack between tour stops sound like?
* Who is your Dave Grohl?
* Where did the name Crash Army come from?
* How many originals do you have? Which of your songs could be used to help repopulate the Earth?
* Who are Corey's vocal influences? asked by Christian of V*A*S*E in episode 67 What Dixon's bass influences?
About Crash Army
CRASH ARMY is a three-piece band from Pittsburgh, PA. Corey Lee Barr is the neurotic, eccentric lead singer and guitar player. Mike Dixon is the broody “I hate my life and want to die” bass player. And Josh Christner is their current drummer. Josh is quiet and shy but very talkative on the drums. They have only been a band since late 2020 and they have already made an album, OPERATION NEW DAWN. They have just begun to play a lot of local shows and are currently working on their second album “STAGGERING SOLDIER”. Their influences include; The Beatles, Nirvana, The Ramones, The Smashing Pumpkins and Justin Beaver. They are currently looking for a record deal before recording their second album. CRASH ARMY has a message, and the message is KEEP FIGHTING!! DON’T GIVE UP!! A lot of us are hurt and feel broken and want to throw in the towel, but that’s not what soldiers do. If you feel like the world has casted you out, or beaten you down, then CRASH ARMY is here to tell you that your not alone and we are going to get through this!
* Where to find them:
About the Song, Happy Never After
I was depressed, walking around Walmart with my wife and I kept pointing at things that made me happy. Like Twizzlers. Twizzlers make me happy. And it stuck in my head so I got home and wrote a song.
Bradley Scott Malone 3QS066
Bradley Scott Malone tackles the 3 Questions and a Song gauntlet.
* Can you talk a little bit about your journey in life and music and about the inspiring turn around that you have made for yourself?
* What made you want to write a book and can you give us a quick commercial about your book, What would Grandpa Do?
* What has changed in the scene both for the good and the bad?
* Who is your musical idol and what 1 questions would you ask them?
* Tell me about an embarrassing moment that you've had on stage.
* What would you sell your soul to the devil for musically.
* If you could play with any musician in the history of world at any venue, who and where?
* I see you have been doing music for well over 20 years. What keeps you motivated to keep creating and putting out good music? asked by Gallo Locknez on episode 65
About Bradly Scott Malone
Bradley’s travels have taken him from the U.S. Air Force; to almost netting a 1990s major label deal; to spiraling and bouncing off rock bottom many times again; to living with various family members and struggling to make ends meet with dead end jobs. Ultimately, Bradley’s journey is a story of hope and soulful triumph. Bradley had a spiritual awakening in 1997, and hasn’t had a drink since. He’s happily married, and, in his 50s, Bradley is enjoying a creative renaissance as a signed contemporary folk artist and songwriter.
Today, the Pittsburgh-based artist returns with his sophomore EP, Shades Of Indigo, which will be his Vault Records debut. The 5-song EP will be preceded by the single, California. His music is a timeless slice of Americana, featuring songs of hope, heartache, and songs of wars both fought in the mind and on land. Bradley’s songwriting recalls classic artists like Jim Croce, John Prine, and Don McLean, and contemporary acts like Mandolin Orange, The Avett Brothers, and Gregory Alan Isakov.
About the song, California
California was released as a single in May of 2021 prior to it's inclusion on the Shades of Indigo EP
* Where to find Bradley Scott Malone:
Gallo Locknez 3QS065
Gallo Locknez visits with Bill for episode 65 of 3 Questions and a Song.* Besides being a well known hip hop artist, you've got some major credits in the production world in your pocket, would you like to tell us about some of those?* Can you tell us about P.E.M.* If you could choose any super power, what would it be? asked by Demo Demon in Episode 64.We also chatted about food trucks, pizza, hot dogs, cars, and more!About Gallo LocknezGallo is an independent artist/producer who is the rapper behind the NBA SOUND UP tracks and the voice and music production behind the Canelo vs GGG 2 Rematch. Gallo also has produced for many tv shows such as Love and Hip Hop, Black Ink and many more. Also has produced for ESPN, NFL, Netflix many other movies, shows and commercials nationally and internationally. He has performed in many venues, schools and events all across the East Coast such as Jacksonville Fl, Miami Fl, NYC NY, West Palm Beach Fl, Scranton Pa, Brooklyn NY, Allentown Pa, Bethlehem Pa, Newark NJ, Harlem NY and Ft Lauderdale. He has entered and won “Dream REborn song contest” hosted by Greenforall.org and Jee Juh productions “Best Song Contest”. Gallo has had a write up on Bet.com, TMZ and has been interviewed by The Whirl magazine, Shade45, The Post Gazette, The Pocono Record, The Express Times, Lehigh Valley Live newspapers and many other media platforms.Gallo is the founder of P.E.M (Positive Energy Movement) whose goal is to reach the masses through his positive music, videos and outreach projects. He supports many charities and loves giving back to his community. Through his positive mind frame and life, he creates an environment that will help to change people’s lives. He stands out amongst the crowd with his williness to go against the grain to promote positive thinking and growth.About the song, Good By MyselfThis song is about being capable of accomplishing things on your own. You can have a team and your stronger with the people around you but you can still make progression if you have to on your own.
* Where to find Gallo Locknez:
Demo Demon 3QS064
Demo Demon comes on episode 64 to take on his version of 3 (or more) questions and a Song.
* The subtitle artist, producer, and manager at Brutal Business Entertainment; Showman, gamer, seeker of truth... I feel like that is almost an introduction to a super hero, what would your super power be? (Hey Gallo, you're next on this one!)
* If you could sit on a bench with your musical hero, and ask only one question; who would it be and what would you ask?
* If you're standing at a crossroads waiting for the devil, what are you there to attempt to sell your soul for?
* In an apocalyptic event, which Demo Demon songs should be involved in repopulating the Earth?
* If we were to play your songs backwards, what would we hear?
* Who is your Dave Grohl?
* What would you say has been the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you on stage?
* Who would you like to rap battle? asked by Emzy Enzy in episode 63.
About Demo Demon
Demo Demon is a Music artist, Engineer from Pittsburgh PA. Starting music in 2009 the self taught artist would go on to make four albums, 4 EP's & two mixtapes. He is also a youtuber who does gaming & Tech videos.
About the song, Diseased
Diseased (Feat. Grewsum) is a song about anxiety along with the mental and physical pain that comes with it. The fast lyrics matching the speeding thoughts and frantic voice going along with the panic.
* Where to find Demo Demon:
Emzy Enzy 3QS063
Caleb Straus of Emzy Enzy First Angel Media joins the show to take his shot at 3 Questions (or so) and a song!
* Being from Austin Texas, how did you come to find First Angel Media?
* I see that you release music as both Emzy Enzy (as Leej, Legion) and also as Caleb Straus, how to you determine what song gets released as whom?
* If an apocalyptic event happened and only one of your songs survives to help re-populate the Earth, which song would it be and why?
* If Emzy Enzy could open for any band in the history of time, who would you open for, at what location, and why that band?
* What made you choose that heavy direction with your music? What made you stick with it over the years instead of picking a different direction? asked by Doug Carnahan on episode 62
About Emzy Enzy
Genre: Experimental Metal
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Emzy Enzy is an experimental industrial metal band currently based in Austin TX, led by vocalist Caleb Straus (LEEJUN), and featuring Christopher Burch (KNUMERIC) on guitar and synth, and William Douglas (SPLATTERBRAIN) on bass. The band also incorporates elements of lounge, trip hop, trap metal, and black and death metal into their expansive and experimental sound.
About the Song, Narcissistic Cyborg
Narcissistic Cyborg is track one of the upcoming album, "KREM", based on a fictional planet of the band's making, "KREM" marks a departure from Emzy Enzy's early experimental/industrial sound (which are still present but in the background), to make way for a far more present death metal and hardcore influence. Narcissistic Cyborg is track one on KREM, and the recent single "My Kindness" feat. Seethe is Track 2. We are drip releasing two albums simultaneously, "KREM" and "Beelzebourbon" which is a huge detour. Will discuss more details on the show. :-) Every month, you'll get a new song from each album.
* Where to find them:
Unique, hilarious chats that quickly get to the point
Not sure who has more fun... the host, the guest or the audience, but I sure had a blast!
A great interview show
I’m always looking for new bands and this definitely is a great show for that! What a fun easy going interview. The people being interviewed seem so comfortable and that shows a great interviewer! The idea of intro bands to people and giving you a song is great! I can’t wait to deep dive into more of these bands