Sabrina Little is a renaissance woman nearly every way.
She runs at an elite level and has been selected to represent the United States on five national teams. She is also a full-time instructor of Philosophy and the Humanities at Morehead State University where she lives with her husband David and daughter Lucy.
In 2020, she completed her PhD in Philosophy at Baylor University. Before Baylor, she studied Philosophy of Religion at Yale Divinity School and Philosophy and Psychology at The College of William & Mary. Sabrina's main areas of interest are virtue ethics, moral psychology, and ancient philosophy and she is currently writing about the nature of moral habituation and exploring emotional precursors to moral virtues.
Career Running Highlights:
– 5-time US National Champion
– 5-time US National Team Member
– World Silver Medalist, Team Gold Medalist (2013)
– She previously held both the 24-Hour American Record (152.03 miles) and the 200K American Record (19 hours, 30 minutes). When she set those in 2013, Sabrina was ranked 6th in World History for the 24-Hour Run.
– 12th Place in the 2018 Trail World Championships in Spain to score for Team USA’s Bronze Medal
– In 2019, she ran the fastest 100K and 50-mile times for women in the U.S.
OS1st, a three-generation, family-owned company in North Carolina, creates the best running socks and compression bracing products specifically for people with an active lifestyle. OS1st uses Compression Zone Technology with high quality materials to ease pain and help prevent runner’s knee, Plantar Fasciitis, shin splints and more. Used by ultra-runners (Catra Corbett, Sabrina Stanley) and new runners alike. Shop at your local independently owned running or at www.OS1st.com where you can use code RAMBLING for 15% off your first purchase.
Spring will be here before you know it, and the best way to get through the winter months of running is to have your next finish line in sight! That’s why Sports Backers is excited to bring you a custom race experience with our first ‘Sports Backers Marathon,’ in Richmond, Virginia, featuring a marathon, half marathon, and 5k. From Friday, March 12th through Sunday, March 14th the experienced team at Sports Backers will take care of the rest, with onsite packet pick up, measured courses, touchless bottle refill stations, timing, and of course great swag! Register now at www.sportsbackers.org and save $10 by using code RAMBLINGRUNNER.
Instagram - @rambling_runner
Twitter - @rambling_runner
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app