Retired Navy SEAL and New York Times bestselling author Jason Redman divulges how to triumph over adversity using proven Special Operations habits and mindsets.
"Adversity can often catch you by surprise and leave you struggling with what to do next. What if you could confront any adversity, from the biggest challenges -- the loss of your job, divorce, health issues, bankruptcy -- to normal daily challenges -- a late flight, a disappointing phone call, a missed promotion, a bad day -- and not just survive it, but thrive afterwards?" Jason Redman
Redman was horrifically wounded in Iraq in 2007 when he was shot at close range through the face and arm. After 40 surgeries, including extensive facial reconstruction and skin grafts, he came back from this experience stronger than ever -- despite carrying scars and injuries he will have for the rest of his life. Redman went on to launch two successful companies and speaks all over the country on how to build better leaders through his Overcome mindset.
Overcome is based on extensive research and interviews with America's toughest warriors, including retired 4-star Admiral William McRaven, retired Navy SEAL Jocko Willink, retired 4-star General Stanley McChrystal, and others.
You can find Jason @ https://jasonredman.com/ and you can find his TEDX talk @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPAElY1_Gow
For full show notes go to: http://beanewman.com/podcast/
The biggest "thank you" you could give to the A New Kind of Man team is to share this episode with others on social media, and face and face.
If this show has been helpful or insightful, please subscribe and leave a rating and review in iTunes.
To get further connected within the New Kind of Man Community, here are some options:
1. Follow “A New Kind of Man” on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
2. Share it with friends on your social media feeds.
3. Join our private, men’s Facebook group, "New Man Crew.” This group of men is committed to changing the world beginning with themselves, their relationships, their communities, and the world! Big vision, we know. It starts with us.
4. Go to www.beanewman.com to join the tribe or sign up for some coaching.
5. Subscribe the to New Kind of Man Podcast on Youtube.
6. Email Chad to get some personal coaching, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A special thank you to Joseph McDade on allowing us to use his music: Follow his work here: https://www.instagram.com/josephmcdademusic/