My guest today is Ari Honarvar.
Ari has quite a story. She grew up in the Iran-Iraq war where there were many moments of heartbreak, fear and uncertainty but she found that inside each difficult moment, there was a gem waiting to be discovered. She is the founder of Rumi With A View, dedicated to building music and poetry bridges across war-torn and conflict-ridden borders. Her writing has appeared in The Guardian, Teen Vogue, Washington Post, Vice, and elsewhere and she is the author of the oracle card set and book, RUMI'S GIFT and her debut novel, A GIRL CALLED RUMI, is forthcoming in September 2021. She lives in San Diego, CA. U.S.A.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE DISCUSS:
- Transmuting suffering into service
- Finding the joy and gem among suffering
- How to understand and FEEL poetry
- Connecting to your soul and the subtleties of life, beauty and pleasure
- The true meaning of the Myth of Narcissus
- Advice for parents: "Don't make your child's life hard by making it easy."
- How to stay connected to others while being restricted
- The power of tradition and rituals to preserve internal and external bonds
- "What's enjoyable is sustainable."
3:54 The Story Of Ari Honarvar
10:09 Poetry As A Way To Heal
14:35 Surviving The Iraq vs Iran War as A Kid
16: 50 What is a Hijab and what does it mean
19:40 How To Find Humor During War
23:43 The Importance Of Trust
29:26 Who Is Rumi?
37:32 How To Activate The Poet Inside Of You
42:44 How To Deal With Pain
47:48 Parenting Advice
49:37 A Message To Americans
WATCH THIS EPISODE ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FitAmyTV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcat5n2K_71BCVp8pkeXk9g
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ARI:
Enjoy and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and rate and review the show before you go!
Thank you so much
Awakening Aphrodite Podcast on iTunes and Spotify
@FitAmyTV on Instagram
Fit Amy TV on YouTube
Amy Fournier on FB