Today, we’ll be discussing 4 reasons why we might fail to meet our goals as creators. People can be really scared of failure but we want to talk about failure today because failure a great learning opportunity. When we fail to meet a goal, we get to ask and figure out why we didn’t meet it.
Reason 1: We focus on (what we believe to be) problems instead of our actual goals.
Instead of actually being focused on our goals, we focus on the reasons why can’t achieve or reach our goals. We focus on the barriers and we laser in on the problems like:
· “I don’t have enough time to create content or engage with my audience.”
· “The Instagram algorithm keeps changing and I don’t know what to do.”
· “How do I compete when the influencer industry being overly saturated?”
Reason 2: We haven’t defined what success means to us.
Success to everyone is defined differently. Some people define success as financial freedom, others define it as building a following on Instagram. You’ll find people setting their standards of success around their habits, routines, skills, and expertise.
People feel like they fail their goals when they haven’t fully defined what it means to be successful.
You can set a goal that says, “I want 100,000 followers in a year”.
· However, is success just the following number?
· Or is success something else beyond that milestone?
· What will hitting that following number do for your brand and business?
Tune into the rest of the reasons!
Follow Emma on Instagram: @emmasedition | Pinterest: @emmasedition
Follow Maddy on Instagram: @madcrayy | Pinterest: @madcrayy
Follow the Content Creatives Podcast: @contentcreativespodcast
Join the Content Creatives Podcast Facebook Group!