Join Dan Miller every week for the "48 Days To The Work You Love" Internet Radio Show. Dan is referred to as the nation's leading authority on work, career and business start-up. This long-running show continues to sit solidly in the top 1% of all podcasts in the world. Dan believes we can all find - or create - work that is meaningful, purposeful, and profitable.
Positive Thinking is Hogwash - really?
This week a well-known leader and author posted a short segment totally trashing thinking, dreaming, imagining, wishing, hoping, meditating, or praying as ways to get closer to success. Apparently being a robot will suffice - as long as you are "doing". I beg to differ.
1. Is it useless to think positively?
2. Is dreaming just a childish mind game to avoid the reality of my life?
3. Do I really get to choose the life I live?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including a few books I recommend reading to answer this question for yourself as well as 6 tips to a successful day through a positive attitude, in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/positive-thinking-is-hogwash
Do this and you’ll have instant “success”
There's a simple way to be "successful" instantly that may surprise you. No, you don't have to buy my course, come to my event, or pay me for coaching. I drop this bomb at 9:51 in this episode.
1. What does it mean to be successful?
2. What’s the fastest way to success?
3. How can I avoid failure?
4. What are the 6 identifying characteristics of success?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, include EntrePastors Live (and the $100 off coupon code) and Transform My Future in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/instant-success
Do this when you have a “Moses Moment”
Have you ever doubted your ability to ask for that promotion, start your own business, or write that book - even when all the signs are clear that you're ready. That's called a 'Moses Moment'. We’re going to talk about how to break through your Moses Moment and claim the next great thing in your life!!
1. What are the four steps that build the principle of Persistence for you?
2. Why does poverty keep showing up in your life?
3. What are the weaknesses that must be mastered if you are going to accumulate wealth?
4. What does it mean to “seek first the kingdom of God”?
5. What should you do when you have a “Moses Moment”?
To get direct links to the resources mentioned on the podcast, including my upcoming webinar: The Great Resignation on September 9th, as well as the four steps to building a habit of persistence and the 16 weaknesses that must be mastered to accumulate wealth in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/persistence-moses-moment/
Turns out I’m insane by definition…
You know the old saying - If you keep doing the same things and expect different results, you're insane. A listener suspects that of himself. What about you? Are you doing the same things you were doing five years ago - one year ago? With the rapid speed of change we can't get trapped into trying to keep things as they were, or just trying to get back to "normal." Improve your sanity by growing and moving forward.
1. I love cooking for people. How can I open a restaurant?
2. I’ve been burdened with the thought that I am not very good at anything.
3. Is my personality something to be overcome, or could it possibly be used to my advantage?
4. If I start a new business I feel extreme pressure because I cannot afford to fail at all.
5. Turns out I'm insane by definition, since I’m just as miserable in my new job as I was before.
6. Can my playlist tell me what my passions are?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on the podcast, including the upcoming Free Webinar: The Great Resignation on September 9th in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/insane/
I’m smarter now. Why isn’t my life better?
More knowledge and more degrees won't make a difference in your life - unless you move from Knowledge to Understanding and then Application. Knowing more is a great start. Now give yourself timelines for taking specific action and your life will change dramatically!
1. I have 3 young kids - 7, 10, and 12 and my question is this: How do I help them discover and develop their passions and unique God given abilities?
2. How do I overcome concerns about my lack of experience since I’m just starting out as a financial planner?
3. I’ve studied a lot and know more. Why am I not getting any traction on making my life better?
4. I'm unemployed and am trying to find a new job but I think that my former employer is giving me a bad reference.
5. What are some tools or processes high "C" personality types can use to evaluate a business idea without throwing every single one out?
6. I’m a new handyman - I've put out about 200 flyers by placing them in the newspaper boxes - with no call backs.
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including access to our upcoming event, Lovin, Learnin, and Earnin in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/apply-what-you-learn/
Are you the donkey or the driver?
I start with a short story to help you see if you are trading your time for a fixed number of dollars, or if you have the opportunity to do something once and then get paid over and over again.
1. How can I scale my art work?
2. There is no time for me to develop a good steady income because I’m helping so many other people.
3. How can I create the life direction for my 7-yr-old son?
4. How can I grow my one book into a million-dollar business?
5. I don’t like sales - what can I do?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including my “Serving from a Full Cup Video” and my Venn diagram for authors, in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/trading-time-for-money/
Dan, host of the podcast, highlights all aspects of entrepreneurship and more in this can’t miss podcast! The host and expert guests offer insightful advice and information that is helpful to anyone that listens!
Wise Words Each Week
Dan’s breadth of experience and wisdom shine through on this weekly podcast. I have been listening for years, and each week, I find his insights meaningful and applicable. I highly recommend this podcast.
Always a pleasure
I look forward to each episode. Very interesting topics and very well spoken. Thank you Dan for sharing!!!