29 min

51: The Work From Home Boom That's Genius!

    • Business

Are you still working from home? 
Before COVID-19 swept across the United States, less than 20% of contact center agents were being supported by a cloud-based solution. 
Those 20% had an easy time making the switch to a WFH model. The other 80%? 
They had a bit rougher of a go. 
It’s hard to equip agents with physical phones, physical servers, firewalls, and VDI instances, rather than just issuing laptops. 
Which begs the question: What will this WFH scenario look like a year from now? 
Sheila McGee-Smith thinks that for the most part, it’s here to stay. She was a guest on the podcast recently and talked all about: 
Why a cloud-based solution was so important in moving to a WFH model Why she thinks that more and more companies are going to keep people home How hiring practices are going to change as a result of this pandemic Listen to this and all our other That’s Genius! episodes with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or our website.

Are you still working from home? 
Before COVID-19 swept across the United States, less than 20% of contact center agents were being supported by a cloud-based solution. 
Those 20% had an easy time making the switch to a WFH model. The other 80%? 
They had a bit rougher of a go. 
It’s hard to equip agents with physical phones, physical servers, firewalls, and VDI instances, rather than just issuing laptops. 
Which begs the question: What will this WFH scenario look like a year from now? 
Sheila McGee-Smith thinks that for the most part, it’s here to stay. She was a guest on the podcast recently and talked all about: 
Why a cloud-based solution was so important in moving to a WFH model Why she thinks that more and more companies are going to keep people home How hiring practices are going to change as a result of this pandemic Listen to this and all our other That’s Genius! episodes with Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or our website.

29 min

Top Podcasts In Business